Throttling: How to make them stop

Ipay43g

Reaction score
At&t, Verizon, T-mobile, and others. All have started "throttling". At&t and Verizon are using the same ambiguous 5%. Which is an obvious marketing ploy playing off the greater good mentality going around. If they are useing the same language they were givien the go ahead to do so. By there legal teams and feel that they can all get away with it. So its not likely to go away with a lawsuit. Complaning and protesting are useless.

They don't want you to utilize the service that they marketed to you. That you pay for. That locked you in to that 2 year contract. That will cost you around $2500 during that 2 years. Most people also have free nights and weekends or unlimited talk. See where this is going. Push back. Show them you can utilize much more of there net work then you do.

In a billing cycle there are 28,000 night and weekend min. Use them all. If enough of us do they will all get the point. They need to know that the consumer still has power. They work for you.

Here is how you do it. Set up a free voip number (just search free voip) any one will work. Put your phone on it's charger. Call that number at night. Your computer and your phone will talk for free all night to eachother. They can't afford not to listen to there costumers with there net works under that much strain.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would not recommend this at all because they can terminate you for it. If you're like me, you only have ONE service available in your area and it's not worth the hassle.

That said, don't abuse data and you won't have to worry about being throttled.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

skruid

Reaction score
That is the hard way to stop throttling, all you need to do is erase the right file and the throttling stops, they throttle you at your phone not the tower, my data speeds are never slow

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums