This Droid Incredible if my first smartphone - Question about data plan

diddlydudette

Reaction score
What do you think the possibility is that this phone can be put on the 15.00 data plan? 150 mb sure is a low number. It would have been nice if they had upped the meg to at least 300.00mb.

The first month after getting the phone I had the unlimited while I was learning and downloading apps.

Now that I have things settled, I've turned off some apps updates, put phone on wi-fi when at home and I don't use any streaming programs like radio. I don't use youtube unless at home and I have e-mail and text to only receive a low number data.

I'm over halfway into my 2nd month and I've only used just under 60 mb.

I'm staying on the unlimited for a few months just to test it and see but anyone else do this?

I basically want the phone to check e-mail if out on the road, make calls and every once in a blue moon use navigate and web. I like knowing it's there is I need it but I can't see where while out and about I'd use it that much.

bassJAM

Reaction score
I was originally going to get the incredible and use it with the 150mb plan. I was the same way, only planning on using data for email or emergency use. Then I realized I get a 25% discount on data through my company, but the $15 plan doesn't apply for that discount. So I can pay $22.5 for unlimited or $15 for 150mb. I'll pay the extra seven fifty.

But I'm sure if you're careful 150mb would be plenty.

OP
D

diddlydudette

Reaction score
Thanks Bass.

I'm on a family plan and my sister and I both have the Droid Incredible (BOGO free).

Right now we're both on the 30.00 plan and we have a 20% employee discount but it only applies to one of the data plans so my sister pays the discounted 22.50 for her data. My sister does need the 30.00 plan as she is a realtor but I'm hoping I can get by with the 15.00 plan.

Anyone else successful with the 15.00 plan with a droid phone? Do you basically don't do much on it scared you'll use too much data? lol

Again thanks for your response bass.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well, the plans are available to fit their users.

If you are averaging around 70mb a month then i would personally suggest you switch over.

Let me ask you this though. Do you see yourself using the phone as an entertainment device?

I'm fairly "tech-savvy" myself and found new ways to use my Droid. If I didn't have my unlimited plan I would just cover the basics like you, but these phones are literally computers. I average about 2.5GB a month, so you're waaaaay off from my use.

I'm still amazed what this phone can do and am glad I got it. Also that there are no tiered plans to hold me back either :)

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I average way over 7gigs a months easy and the more you learn your phone the more you will use. Just be wise and don't get caught with your pants down because data can add up very quickly. My phone is my computer and that's the reason. I don't have any internet at home so my phone is my internet.

Also account in for apps that push ads to your phone. They aren't much but could add up if the perfect storm occurred. This is really your call though as you know how you handle your data and not us.

Just PLEASE be careful because they will nail you if you go over.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Actually Verizon could care less. My record for monthly data usage was set in December with just over 30GB of data usage. You read it right, 30 gigabytes. My phone is my computer's....internet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
D

diddlydudette

Reaction score
Here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-discussions/121118-new-user.html to a recent thread (different phone but similar question) that may help.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the link. I'll have to check it out.

I have a question for those of you that just use your phone as your computer. Isn't it a bit small to work on all the time? I use it mainly if I really need it while away from a computer but I'd much rather use a laptop or desktop.

If use it all the time as your main computer, do you use Microsoft office on it? I can't imagine using an excel type program on a tiny phone. lol

.....just curious how you use it all the time. I'm in awe. I guess it just takes some getting used to.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-discussions/121118-new-user.html to a recent thread (different phone but similar question) that may help.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the link. I'll have to check it out.

I have a question for those of you that just use your phone as your computer. Isn't it a bit small to work on all the time? I use it mainly if I really need it while away from a computer but I'd much rather use a laptop or desktop.

If use it all the time as your main computer, do you use Microsoft office on it? I can't imagine using an excel type program on a tiny phone. lol

.....just curious how you use it all the time. I'm in awe. I guess it just takes some getting used to.

I use my phone daily for email, twitter, text, calendar, web browsing, and even phone calls. If I need to do large Word documents or spreadsheets, I get the laptop out.

If you do a lot of typing check out an app called Swype (Swype | Text Input for Screens). It is free and quite amazing.