Smartphone Newbie

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Stella64, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Stella64

Stella64 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have never had a smartphone before....because we have a Verizon plan...and because Best Buy is offering a free Droid Incredible....

I don't fully understand data plans...voice plans. Right now we have a 700 min family plan with an unlimited text plan. There are just 2 of us and I would be the only one with a smartphone.

Please explain to me....I'm not sure I understand the Wifi and data plans....we have Wifi here at home through our cable company,.....can I get the $15/month data plan through Verizon...and use out wifi from home to cut down on how much of the data plan I use?

Thank you!!!!

2. joe3681

joe3681 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to have a data plan. Use wifi all you want at home but you still need a data plan added on

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

3. wmcneil

wmcneil New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, any data that you are using moves over WiFi, and does not count against the data usage on the cell network. It will take you a couple of months of using the phone to see how much data you use. Video is the application that can really use a lot of data, so just be sure if you are watching a lot of video that you are connected to WiFi.

4. popokoli

popokoli Member

Ratings:
    +0