Owning a Droid Incredible without a data plan

alany611

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums and was really hoping to get the Droid Incredible. I've just switched to Verizon and am really looking forward to owning this phone.

However I don't use data that much and I'm not going to pay 30$ a month just to own this phone. That being said I read some threads that said I could call customer support and get a National Data Block (or something) that basically blocks data on my phone, and I could cancel the data plan.

However, that was for a feature phone and not s smartphone. I was just wondering if any of you knew:

1) If it's true that you can block data on an incredible and cancel the 30$/month data plan
2) If it is only feature phones, or both smart+feature phones that can block data

I'm imagining I would just call them and ask for this service, if it exists, to be implemented?

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I looked in to this (you probably read my post regarding the d1) ans long story short, no you can't use a smart phone on Verizon without data.

You can buy the phone (full price or used off ebay) and go with page plus cellular which uses Verizon's network with cheaper plans and no data required on phones.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
A

alany611

Reaction score
thats a shame :/ thank you for the information. would you happen to know if non-smart phones can use the data block and thus cancel the monthly data plan?

edit.

so i'm sort of considering getting a smartphone if i would be able to upgrade to a non internet phone after 2 years, and still use my smartphone with data turned off. I read something about that on some posts, but I'm not sure if I interpreted it correctly.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks, but nothing you can do.

The feature phones or multimedia phones which "require" a $10 monthly data pack can take advantage of the data block. You have to get the data pack to activate the phone, but after that call verzion and ask for the tech support. Tell them you want to put on a Data Block and remove the data plan. Simple as that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums