Thinking about a Droid

pastorbob

Reaction score
all (or at least most) best buys have a best buy mobile location within their store. They are able to do just about everything that a verizon store would be able to help you with. I actually prefer to go to the best buy mobile simply because they carry all the major providers and usually will give you honest information (as long as you go in sounding like you are informed)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So i am all excited, and show up at the Verizon store to get my Droid! Even get out of wok a little early, a patient's BP was too high so we couldnt work on her...

Run straight to the store, talk to the sales guy, he shows me the droid...i play with it for like 40 minutes, and cements in my mind, I WANT THIS!! I say OK! lets do it, and he says, OH I am so sorry...we dont have any left due to the buy one get one free!!!! Next shipment will be in monday or so!!! Now I have to wait til Thursday and hope and pray they will have them in stock when I get there...

DANG!!!:mad:

Go online and order. VZW will FedEX should arrive Tues.
Call VZW customer service and order.

Go to Amzon. They are selling the Droid for $19.99

Mike

OP
J

JerzyGirl

Reaction score
thanks Mike...went to Best Buy, and because I am already a verizon customer, with a special offer to upgrade early, they said I had to go to a verizon store..

OP
J

JerzyGirl

Reaction score
oh, well monday isnt too far away. I just picked mine up about an hour ago and i am already really happy that I did it.

how do you like the keyboard, Pastor? I keep going back to the display model, and I am a bit concerned with the actual keyboard

Reaction score
The keyboard is fine, I bet when u first got your phone you have now you wernt great with it but u got good with time. The keyboard on the droid will take time to get used to at first i rarely used mine but i got good with it the more i used it the same as any otheir phone.

Bottom line the keyboard is fine anyone who says otherwise hasn't taken the time to get used to it.

pastorbob

Reaction score
I like the keyboard so far. It is really different than the one on my old Blackberry but I think i will get used to it fast. Honestly i like being able to have the entire screen while on the web and typing instead of the majority being taken up by an onscreen keyboard (which I have used once so far).

meannathan

Reaction score
You will get use to the keyboard I did but I still like the on-screen keyboard better