New..have soem questions about where to buy my 1st smartphone.

jpa1384

Reaction score
I currently have a LG Voyager. Goign to upgrade to a smartphone soon since Verizon has the smart phones talk free promo going on...its liek a free $240 over the 2yrs if i upgrade before it ends.

I was originally going to wait til the summer since thats when all the new phones come out but now im probably going to a Fascinate and then return it when the iphone4 comes out, since it seems liek it would have the best resale value..am i wrong in thinking this? Basically i want a phone that i can get most my $$ back in the sumemr when i get one of the new phones.

I have some ?'s about wirefly..how exactly does it work? Do they have the same return policy as verizon?

Do Wirefly stores honor their online prices?

Reaction score
If you plan on buying a phone just to return it later, wirefly is probably not going to be the best route.

In fact, any non-corporately owned store is probably not a good idea.

For 1, most retailers have additional terms and conditions that could cost you an arm and a leg.

For 2, it hasn't even been announced when the Verizon Indirect channel will be allowed to sell it. I would bet though that it is going to be outside of the 14 day return/exchange policy. The earliest I've heard is the end of February for national retailers (walmart, best buy) and the 4 largest Premium Retailers, and the beginning if March for the rest of the Premium Agents.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

lgonzal3

Reaction score
I think you should really think about what you want the most out of getting a new phone from Verizon. With wirefly, just like any wireless online dinner (amazon, best buy, or lets talk) subsidize the phone even more because your purchase is going to make them commission. When they do that your binded to 181 days of keeping the same plan you bought on day one. If you sell your phone in less than 6 months to get the iphone they WILL charge you that discount to your credit card. Online retailers might not be your best bet if your planning on changing phones in the near future.

Ive shopped with Wirefly before and ive always had a great experience with them but you must know to not change your plan in any way. The discount you cant beat, but where wirefly will bite you is if you try to game the system. Thats why they put these rules in place. It just protects them as a business.

btw there are no brick and mortar Wirefly stores. They do everything online. and the people who manage wirefly are the same people who manage radioshack.com, new egg.com, target.com. So they are a reputable site.

OP
J

jpa1384

Reaction score
ahh, thank you for the replies.

I guess, now its just deciding on the iphone or the fascinate to hold me over til summer.
:)