1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issues to look for with a refurb Droid??

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Garemlin, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Just got a replacement Droid from VZW due to a loose charging port. For those of you who have been issued refurbs is there anything in particular I need to check out or look for??? I am real leery about refurbs and before I commit to keeping this one I wanna make sure all is good.
  2. Jeepers

Jeepers New Member

I just received one - and no issues at all - was having severe problems with the google nav on old one - this one works great out of the box - thank goodness
  3. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

AUX jack.

I haven't returned it since i don't want to go through the hassle and i don't use the jack. I might however as a way to an early upgrade :p
  4. 713King

713King New Member

Make sure it doesn't have the annoying gap. At the bottom left corner of phone.
  5. vzwtek

vzwtek New Member

Test all the keys, test it with a headset, test the 5 way keypad, and get an app that requires you use the entire touch screen to test that. Make sure there is no jerkiness to the sliding mechanism on the keyboard. If all that is good. Hardware you should be good. software, if you wanna make sure, just load one of the stock or custom SBFs that are out there.
  6. Wolfy

Wolfy New Member

I'm on my 3rd Droid so far...1st one (brand new not refurb) had the entire left side of the screen go dead - couldn't tap any icons over there, and the landscape onscreen keyboard would type a letter from the row above if you typed on the bottom row (tapping space bar would give you a b or an n, etc)...
    1st refurb (2nd Droid for me) was ok for a while, then the same thing happened to THAT one, but on the right side this time.
    Sent THAT one back, and this 3rd Droid (2nd refurb) has so far (and for months) worked perfectly.