Issues to look for with a refurb Droid??

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just got a replacement Droid from VZW due to a loose charging port. For those of you who have been issued refurbs is there anything in particular I need to check out or look for??? I am real leery about refurbs and before I commit to keeping this one I wanna make sure all is good.

Jeepers

Reaction score
I just received one - and no issues at all - was having severe problems with the google nav on old one - this one works great out of the box - thank goodness

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
AUX jack.

I haven't returned it since i don't want to go through the hassle and i don't use the jack. I might however as a way to an early upgrade :p

vzwtek

Reaction score
Test all the keys, test it with a headset, test the 5 way keypad, and get an app that requires you use the entire touch screen to test that. Make sure there is no jerkiness to the sliding mechanism on the keyboard. If all that is good. Hardware you should be good. software, if you wanna make sure, just load one of the stock or custom SBFs that are out there.

Wolfy

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd Droid so far...1st one (brand new not refurb) had the entire left side of the screen go dead - couldn't tap any icons over there, and the landscape onscreen keyboard would type a letter from the row above if you typed on the bottom row (tapping space bar would give you a b or an n, etc)...
1st refurb (2nd Droid for me) was ok for a while, then the same thing happened to THAT one, but on the right side this time.
Sent THAT one back, and this 3rd Droid (2nd refurb) has so far (and for months) worked perfectly.