Theming Guide for Progress Bar

Reaction score
Does this also apply to any diagonally-striped horizontal progress bars that have two alternating colors, such as when you are downloading an app from the Market? If not, where do you make adjustments to the colors for that?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide, it worked great!

After trying again and again and again I decided to push/pull in recovery to see if the changes actually end up on the phone...

got into recovery, pushed...waited a minute, pulled, checked, and yeah the changed are in the file...

boot up the phone, pull again.....changes are gone.....

somehow, my phone is reverting the file back automatically.....

Ideas?

Have you tried installing it in recovery by making an update.zip for it?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
btw, how do you discover things like this? like how did you first learn what hex values to look for in the xml?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Great guide! Worked like a champ - thanks for sharing.

My question is how do I change the actual background the sliders are on? Like in the OP, the slide itself is pink, but the background it sits on is a solid black where the default (I think) is a semi-transparent gray. I've looked all over the drawable-hdpi and I haven't had much success so I am assuming it's an xml edit?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

My question is how do I change the actual background the sliders are on? Like in the OP, the slide itself is pink, but the background it sits on is a solid black where the default (I think) is a semi-transparent gray. I've looked all over the drawable-hdpi and I haven't had much success so I am assuming it's an xml edit?

that is in the framework-res

im not sure exactly which image is for that, but it is either panel_background.9.png or menu_submenu_background.9.png

...or toast_frame.9.png...but i doubt its that one, the name kinda makes me thing its only for toast messages lol

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is definitely not the toast frame...the toast frame is the text background image that pops-up at the bottom of the screen when something "has been granted root permissions" or "operation has timed out" -

My guess YankInDaSouth is that it is in fact an .xml - I have a detailed theming guide I will post here later that was put together by some great minds, it is a great resource to have

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It is definitely not the toast frame...the toast frame is the text background image that pops-up at the bottom of the screen when something "has been granted root permissions" or "operation has timed out" -

My guess YankInDaSouth is that it is in fact an .xml - I have a detailed theming guide I will post here later that was put together by some great minds, it is a great resource to have

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

I use chevy's background for the sliders and other popups on whichever rom I go to (looks nice with my theme) and all i need to to is carry over those images and have only done an xml edit to change the progress bar color. I have never done an xml edit to keep the message background which is why I think its just those images.

and looking at thebowers BnB theme, those images match the image he has in the op for the background of the slider

and i agree with you about the toast messages, that why I lol'd, i wanted to mention that just incase, but really doubted that image is used for anything besides the toast popups.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

that is in the framework-res

im not sure exactly which image is for that, but it is either panel_background.9.png or menu_submenu_background.9.png

...or toast_frame.9.png...but i doubt its that one, the name kinda makes me thing its only for toast messages lol

That looks to be the one ... I completely missed it! Thanks!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
mojo_droid you could be right - I would be interested to know the final answer...in the meantime here is the theming guide I was referring too

The Ultimate Android Themeing Guide
By Jairomeo, Manup456, ArmyRanger251, Stericson,
Brandenk, SirMex, Beagz, david1171_

Last edited:

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
mojo_droid you could be right - I would be interested to now the final answer...in the meantime here is the theming guide I was referring too

yea, me too, would be nice to know for sure.

thanks for posting the guide btw!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
mojo_droid you could be right - I would be interested to now the final answer...in the meantime here is the theming guide I was referring too

yea, me too, would be nice to know for sure.

thanks for posting the guide btw!

It is the panel_backgroung image ... these .9's are a b#$%! LOL

Thanks for the guide tp76

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
i do not have the same default color codes as you, and i bootlooped when i tried to edit them.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
i am beginning to think the services.jar edits dont work for the progressbars sooooo i am gonna try and make sense of this way of going about things.

looks .... hardish

i just want a ...

#33CC33 forground
with a
#CCCCCC background

gonna see what i come up with.