Themes in ROM Manager

jman09

Reaction score
Is there a way to get back to the stock rom from having a theme?
I am running CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1 with Smoked Glass-Esque
I like my setup right now but just want to know for future reference.
And also would I need to go back to stock rom before changing to a new theme?

serveitup911

Reaction score
I thought you could go to "download ROM" in ROM Manager and choose the 2nd option, "stock images" to untheme. Will this work? I haven't tried it myself, but I thought that was the way.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought you could go to "download ROM" in ROM Manager and choose the 2nd option, "stock images" to untheme. Will this work? I haven't tried it myself, but I thought that was the way.

No stock images are unrooted stock 2.0.1 and rooted stock 2.1. They are not cyanogenmod ROMs.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Oooo, thanks for setting me straight!
So I guess the only way is to reinstall the rom.

kasch18

Reaction score
I've been trying out a few themes and it seems when I flash a new theme I keep some of the old theme and don't get all of the new theme. Any ideas? I am wiping data and cache. My ROM now is a mix of smoked glass-esque, jrummy, and hexfusion. Do I just need to reflash 5.06.1 and start fresh again?

HMJB

Reaction score
that's the best way to do it.. just flash the cyanogen rom again and it'll give you the stock theme back.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I think a lot of the images get stored in system. So if the new theme doesn't have that same themed icon then the old themed icon will still be there. You'd probably need to wipe system then reinstall 5.0.6.1. I'm not sure if the install script wipes system by default or not.

HMJB

Reaction score
I think a lot of the images get stored in system. So if the new theme doesn't have that same themed icon then the old themed icon will still be there. You'd probably need to wipe system then reinstall 5.0.6.1. I'm not sure if the install script wipes system by default or not.

No need for a wipe, just reinstall the cyanogen rom and it'll fix it back to stock theme.

Drukan

Reaction score
I have a question about theming maybe one of you could answer.
I've been creeating my own themes, since metamorph was released (and i figured out all the details) Unlike the popular themers out there i dont have the time to update and post my work. I merely cut n paste and fix the small things as needed on what ever build im on. Now my question.. I keep hearing over and over again about "waiting for a theme to be updated"... Whats this all about? I've been pushing the same MM theme files to my Droid over and over (with minor changes) throughout all the builds. The only Change ive made to my theme is for the new launcher. Are there other changes that i should be aware of in .6.1/ 6.2? before i push my theme to it? (ie will my framework-res cause a FC hell, or will my services jar not change the colors properly? etc)

Last edited:

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
HexFusion

Anyone having this little tiny problem that is kinda driving me nuts....im using latest CM with latest HexFusion...and the battery icon in the notification bar has the battery percentage in it....but the percentage is half in and half out of icon lol anyone?

threejane

Reaction score
Anyone having this little tiny problem that is kinda driving me nuts....im using latest CM with latest HexFusion...and the battery icon in the notification bar has the battery percentage in it....but the percentage is half in and half out of icon lol anyone?

Spare Parts > uncheck Battery status display

:)

mrdroid

Reaction score

No need for a wipe, just reinstall the cyanogen rom and it'll fix it back to stock theme.

I tried that previously and several icons were still themed.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Spare Parts > uncheck Battery status display

:)

thanks man. although i just flashed nextheme like 10 minutes before seeing ur reply lol but thanks anyway