1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Automating/Queuing actions in ROM Manager?

Discussion in 'Koush' started by JonKyu, Apr 19, 2010.

1. JonKyu

JonKyu Beta Team

Ok not sure if this has been asked before, but after doing a lot of flashing ROMs and theme today I realized how many times I had to reboot. So I was wondering if it was possible to have some kind of queuing feature that would install/flash ROMs themes and kernel all in one go then reboot. For example:

Normal way you would install a ROM, kernel, then theme:
    Install ROM (reboot) > Install Kernel (reboot) > Install Theme (reboot)

Wouldn't it be more efficient/less time consuming to have it do this instead:
    Install ROM > Install Kernel > Install Theme (reboot)

Yeah you could probably just reboot into recovery then install the above one by one but I thought it'd be way more convient to have it done through ROM Manager since I feel it's purpose was to be for convenience. So is it doable? Or is it not safe? Or does this already exist and I'm just a complete moron?
  2. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

For the sake of simplicity, I don't put any customization in CyanogenMod ROMs.

However, the Theme developer is free to do exactly what you describe: Install CM, install kernel, install theme. I will document how exactly to do this.
  3. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

You can do that that easy I do it all the time
    Just download them all then go into using power x and just install them in that order
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

it should only take one reboot

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. JonKyu

JonKyu Beta Team

Yeah i know lol, the reboot into recovery options right and just manually installing them? I just thought it'd be cool to be able to do it purely from ROM Manager. :)
    Oh awesome looking forward to reading that :D. BTW I like the new ROM Manager icon.
Search tags for this page

que es la rom queue

queue for rom

queue rom

rom install queue

rom manager install queue

rom manager instant queue