[Theme] iOS Theme Port

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not a simple task. This ROM and it's Launcher are originally designed for the N1/Desire, which do not have a physical keyboard. Hence why the Launcher isn't coded to go into landscape or stay locked upon sliding the keyboard out.

Zen and MO will have a hell of a time to make it work like that; it's not as simple as porting an app to just work with another device, they would need to reverse engineer the entire Launcher and then include some code to keep the Launcher from unlocking the phone upon keyboard slide out.

Not too much longer metickone already has the backlight fixed. Should be up tonight.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I no longer get a FC when the slider opens with 3.999...but it puts my phone in this very laggy state, and it requires a reboot to go away. Just thought I would give the heads up.

Nice work on the update for sure. I havent gotten a fc yet, and I flashed it over 3.3, which was flashed over ss4.8...and not a hitch yet. Everything works with the exception of sd card and phone storage. Not a biggie anyway cause I use diskusage app .

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Uschem, please port this to v4.0 I tryed with your files but I get bootloops.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fox_dye

Reaction score
I would like to see this updated to 4.0. I was using it before the update and I don't really want to give up the stability in the new build for the looks. Nice theme by the way. It will look good with the new mms and dialer. I don't care if it is iPhone its different.

blnko6

Reaction score
I really like the scrip to make the icons scuare. Would u shake the scrip to add it to my theme bro? I'm not making a theme or anything just add it to my original.
Thanks .

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I got it ported I took out almost all of the orange and added the older mms.apk but left the contack.apk. I'm gonna theme some of the apps too, facebook, vending, talk, voice, etc.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

davedes

Reaction score
People I still don't see the point of all of this.... if you want a iPhone buy 1! There is a reason many of us chose android over ios that's because android kicks iPhones ass in just about everything..... why would you possibly want your amazing android phone to look like a lousy iPhone?

Sent from my Desire using DroidForums App

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
Before
4a645e45-6de0-9f8b.jpg

After
4a645e45-6e2b-a4a4.jpg

Looks like it worked without wiping thx for porting this!
Anyway to get the dock to have a background like iphone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

All launcher pro dock backrounds can be found at LauncherPro Icons | Custom Android app icons for the awesome LauncherPro home screen replacement

fox_dye

Reaction score
Man if that's all you have to say then just don't say it. I change themes every couple of days. Well at least I did before I fell in live with miui. I don't want an I phone. I love my droid. Why do you care what other people want their phone to look like. Please don't comment if all you have is a negative comment.

Slipstream

Reaction score
People I still don't see the point of all of this.... if you want a iPhone buy 1! There is a reason many of us chose android over ios that's because android kicks iPhones ass in just about everything..... why would you possibly want your amazing android phone to look like a lousy iPhone?

Android functionality + iPhone looks FTW. Why not take advantage of the one thing Apple is good at? lol

OP
USCChem

USCChem

Reaction score

Sent from my Desire using DroidForums App

Okay, well since you don't see the point, I'll just go ahead and delete the theme and thread and make everyone uninstall it, thanks!

WHERE DID WE GO WRONG? I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR HELPING ME SEE THE LIIIIGHT.

LOL JK.

Okay, now seriously, I think I might wait to port anything until the V4 seems to stabilize a bit. I can't even boot it on my phone.

Last edited:

xeder

Reaction score
I had a hard time getting v4 to boot as well. I had to do a fresh installation of v3.3 then install v4 without wiping. No problems at all for me 12 hours and counting. I can't wait to try your port on it, HURRY! ;)

Slipstream

Reaction score
I had a hard time getting v4 to boot as well. I had to do a fresh installation of v3.3 then install v4 without wiping. No problems at all for me 12 hours and counting. I can't wait to try your port on it, HURRY! ;)

Doing a fresh install of the modded 3.999 followed by an overlay of V4 worked like a charm for me.