[THEME] Black Juice v3 for Stock 2.2 OTA

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
** THIS IS A BETA RELEASE FOR USERS ON 2.2 STOCK OTA, FULLY DEODEXED, ROOTED, & BOOTSTRAPPED

I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your handset, use at your own risk. With that said, feel free to try it ;) I need someone to send me some drocaps after they install just to make sure everything looks good. I haven't tested this at all, but it should work.

I won't be making all of the different color variations due to time and money constraints so you guys are stuck with Blue for now. This theme is based off my original Black Bar Theme as well as Nextheme from Manup, and some tweaks from Sephtin's BBM.

Credit to Manup, Sephtin, Drod, and everyone else in the mod community!

I present to you, Black Juice Blue v3 BETA for 2.2 OTA

20737d1290438118-theme-black-juice-v2-rubix-focused-1-8-6-black.juice.blue.ss.png

As always, be sure to do a full backup before installing. If you encounter any errors clear cache. Install via Bootstrap Recovery, Choose Install zip from SD, browse for file named Black.Juice.Blue.v3.Stock.2.2.OTA.zip, Install. Reboot and enjoy! Wallpaper attached below! Please check back for updates!

** UPDATED 11/26 - Settings.apk is now properly themed, adjusted pull down to remove rubiX cube, tweaked a few images.

If you like my work and want to help keep this theme going please Donate <3

Enjoy Guys
! :icon_ banana:

Attachments

• blue_wallpaper.jpg
    blue_wallpaper.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 58,344
  • Black.Juice.Blue.v3.Stock.2.2.OTA.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 429

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
You rule mane! I've been looking at you work for some time now and was really upset you were only making this for the newer versions of rubiX. I would love to be running yours off the straight 2.2 OTA.

Thank you!

I will probably not be testing this. Reason being I have yet to SBF or use nandroid since the DX release (knock on wood). So I hope someone comes along willing to do so. Love your work.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You rule mane! I've been looking at you work for some time now and was really upset you were only making this for the newer versions of rubiX. I would love to be running yours off the straight 2.2 OTA.

Thank you!

I will probably not be testing this. Reason being I have yet to SBF or use nandroid since the DX release (knock on wood). So I hope someone comes along willing to do so. Love your work.

Hopefully someone will test it lol. Im 90% sure it works.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

crypto

Reaction score
Love the look of this theme. I'm currently running incognito however the blue touches in this make me wanna change.
How deep is this theme? Is it just the framework or are other apps themed too?

Also is the circle battery indicator included?

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Love the look of this theme. I'm currently running incognito however the blue touches in this make me wanna change.
How deep is this theme? Is it just the framework or are other apps themed too?

Also is the circle battery indicator included?

Its framework and settings. The circle battery icon is included.

crypto

Reaction score
installed it.

First boot up after install froze. So i had to reboot. Then got stuck on the M logo.
Cleared the cache and the phone booted up fine.
However my settings app has vanished from the app drawer, and the "settings" button on the homescreen menu doesn't do anything.
So I'm going back to my backup i made before installing.

Just out of curiosity. Could i modify the zip file and reinstall the theme. So that just the framework was applied and not the settings menu?

crypto

Reaction score
btw, the framework themed looked great. No problems that i could see.

only thing i don't like too much is the cube in the notification panel. but that's just personal preference cos i like things clean and simple

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
installed it.

First boot up after install froze. So i had to reboot. Then got stuck on the M logo.
Cleared the cache and the phone booted up fine.
However my settings app has vanished from the app drawer, and the "settings" button on the homescreen menu doesn't do anything.
So I'm going back to my backup i made before installing.

Just out of curiosity. Could i modify the zip file and reinstall the theme. So that just the framework was applied and not the settings menu?

Absolutely. Ill fix it asap but for now just delete the app folder in the zip

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
btw, the framework themed looked great. No problems that i could see.

only thing i don't like too much is the cube in the notification panel. but that's just personal preference cos i like things clean and simple

I plan on taking it out for my ota release. I just ported my rubix theme, didn't spend alot of time on it yet. But I will ;) if you could send me the settings.apk from the stock 2.2 rom, would save me alot of time! Thanks for testing!

Updated OP removed settings.apk until its fixed, probably tonight... framework is working just fine though!

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Updated first post, theme is in 100% working condition, settings.apk is fixed, framework looks solid. Also tweaked a few other things and made some slight graphic changes.

Enjoy ;)

crypto

Reaction score
alright cool. I'll download it now and post some screens shots

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you crypto for testing this out, guess I'm a big sally:) Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the update Mane!

crypto

Reaction score
yeh i figured why not. I got plenty of phone backups and the 2.2 SBF. No big risk really. It's only a theme, something like a ROM i don't think i'd test out though. Little bit more involved :)

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
yeh i figured why not. I got plenty of phone backups and the 2.2 SBF. No big risk really. It's only a theme, something like a ROM i don't think i'd test out though. Little bit more involved :)

Much appreciated bro! Once I get the word from you and the SS Ill create a new thread with a final release. If you notice anything weird at all please let me know so I can fix it!

:icon_ banana: