The PS4's new update sneaks in PC and MAC Support, 4TB drive support and more

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
remote.jpg

You can now play your PS4 on your PC or Mac, but the latest update also restores some old features, adds new ones, and does plenty more.

Your newest PlayStation will now support up to 4TB of storage, if you're in it for the long haul -- or really like your own game videos. The update also marks the return of USB music playback, allowing you to easily listen to your own music -- just plug in a stick and select.
Here are some of the new features:
  • New "Play Together" button invite people in your party to the same game
  • Online notifications can be turned on or off for specific friends, and you can even appear offline yourself.
  • Streaming to DailyMotion Live now supported
  • Teens (13-17) can now create limited access accounts to play offline games instead of using a sub-accoutn
  • Search communities by text, language, time zone
  • Share other gamers' activities to your friends
  • You can tag other players when sharing video and screenshots (and it links to the right Twitter and Facebook users, if you're using those.)
  • Manage storage on PlayStation Plus
  • You can disable the screenshot on-screen notification for burst screen-capture mayhem, you maniac.
This is an awesome update, one you will want asap....

Source Reddit

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Full list from Reddit:

1. User Scheduled/Created Events

2. Play Together button - easily invite people in your party to the same game

3. Friend online notifications can be turned on or off on a person to person basis

4. Appear offline.

5. Remote play on PC/Mac

6. Dailymotion Live Support for streaming etc.

7. Teens (13-17) can now create their own accounts with limited access to play offline games, rather than having to use a sub account.

8. Easier to search for communities by text, language, time zone

9. You can now share OTHER people’s activities so your friend’s can see it too.

10. Tweeks to messaging - you can see short replies to messages without jumping to a different screen

11. You can TAG other players when sharing video and screenshots (if you have your fb/twitter permissions enabled, the tags will carry over to the sharing on those sites).

12. You can check the status of PSN (this is a feature? just use the website...)

13. USB music player is back.

14. Improvements to PS+ (improvements to managing online storage and ability to see friends who play the same games as you).

Unannounced Tweaks:

15. You can disable the screenshot on-screen notification (in Settings under Notifications) allowing you to take multiple screenshots in a row without the screenshot taken popup. The sound indicating the screenshot was taken still functions as normal.

16. Life From PlayStation Improvements:

- There's a search field on the game list now. Previously you had to use the "global" search, that'd return matches for everything (pre-recorded, videos, screenshots) and not just live streams.

- You can pin up to three games that will stay on the top of the list. I watch Bloodborne and DS2 streams all the time, now I don't have to scroll down every time to find them.

17. You can set a party member limit now. From 2-8 people.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk if it's related..but my son updated my ps4..yes I have it but I don't play games...lol..and his own..mine got borkd and Sony sent me a box to ship it to them... Mine was 3 months old...

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Borked by the update?