Titanium Backup updated to support Google Drive!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Every good Droid Modder knows how to back that thing up! Their data and apps that is. When flashing Roms it is always annoying to have to restore apps and reset up your device, especially if you are a crackflasher and change Roms at the same pace that you change your undies. Of course you could just auto restore via syncing your google account. Thats fine and dandy until you end up restoring bloat that had been installed on the stock rom. Most of you have learned by now that you can easily backup all your apps and data on your current rom and then of course pick and choose what you would like to restore through Titanium Backup. Titanium Backup has it's downfalls as well like the fact that it takes up tons of space on your sdcard to make a full backup of all the apps and data on your phone. The developers of TB have fixed this issue by adding support for Google Drive so that you no longer are required to store your backup on your device, rather you can beam that bad boy to the cloud for safe keeping. The update also adds support for other cloud services like dropbox and box.net so you should be covered no matter what service you use. The update is available now on the Play Store!

Via Phandroid via Android Police

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does TiBU allow a restore operation from a cloud source? Couldn't find a way last time I tried.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I haven't used TB for a while because I had to restore each app one by one. Is there an auto restore all backed up apps feature now where I don't have to tell each app to restore?

nybadboy11

Reaction score
the cloud

Im really not to sure how to use the cloud with titanium would you be able to tell me how?I have dropbox and ti-pro just so sick of waiting for every app to download every time I change a rom

geoff5093

Reaction score
The only benefit I see is that you have a backup of your backups in the event your phone and/or SD card dies. I would never restore from the cloud as it's insanely slow.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
"THE CLOUD" saved me a few days ago

I have it to where I sync up Sun nights to dropbox

I was having problems w/a rom (many FC's and such) so I was like shoot...I'm going to go ALL the way back to a fresh factory image and flash a new rom

Did the backups and such....thought I threw the Tit folder on my laptop...and flashed

The Tit folder didn't transfer properly though for some reason, and yep, all my stuff was LOST!

....Except, Dropbox had my files! Box did too...but I manually sync 'em and it's been a month....

Used my LTE connection to download my apps. 1.25gb total. There's not an option I know of to cherry pick what you want to reload...but I didn't care! And when it downloaded to my phone, Tit restored like it normally would my files

Only thing I "lost" was my progress w/Temple Run...since I hadn't backed it up yet.

So I implore yall...if you have a great upload connection or LTE...cloud 'em and pat yourself on the back

(also, buy the paid version of Tit)

Detonation

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Dropbox/Box/Drive sync is only way one - it only writes the backups to the cloud, it does not actively sync them (unless your backup folder is empty, then it pulls all of them down). If you want to keep everything in sync between devices you'd need to manually pull them from the cloud onto your sd card.

fasttrek

Reaction score
say...does this app do backup on stock rom like safestrap for flashing purposes??