★ The Official 2013 NFL Season Thread ★

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I don't see them beating them in Atlanta

Note Duece

Probably not. Injuries on defense are not going to play out well in a hostile environment like that. Saints are going to win by a field goal or lose by at least 10 points when that game comes around.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good win for the colts, love to see Chuck Pagano come off last year with his battle with cancer and come back strong leading his team this year. As for my niners I think we are seeing a mixture of the 2 long seasons catch up with them as we are seeing injuries to key players and now we lose Aldon Smith because of DUI issues. Not to take away from the Colt or the Seahawks because they played our game better than we did as both of the ran the ball and stuck with it while we abandoned it for the read/spread option. That offense worked last year because we had a power run game that forced the D to have to choose their poison. This year we are seeing the stubbornness of Jim Harbaugh as he is continuing to abandon what got them there and try and run this read option offense which if you look around the league teams have figured it out. You have to do like seattle did to us last week and what we did late last year and run the ball and use the read/spread option to compliment the running game. Running the ball controls the clock and keep the D fresh. Our defense got worn down both last week vs seattle and this week vs the colts because we failed to control the ball. Constant 3 and outs just puts too much pressure on the D to play basically the entire game. The niners so far (minus the green bay game) have not been playing the same football that got them to where they are at. Hopefully Harbaugh gets back to the game plan especially now our defense is depleted.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
they didn't play their game vs the packers either. they won but their running game was extremely ineffective vs a defense that isn't that great.. they have a long road ahead and next week's match up vs the Rams isn't a gimme game either since they blew both meetings last year vs them with a loss and tie.. u can run on the Rams, the cowboys showed that today.. time will tell if they get it together fast enough

smith heading to rehab and if it doesn't work out he's cut

in related news the Giants have been drunk driving on the field for 3 straight weeks and I'm enjoying it lol

Note Duece

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good win for the colts, love to see Chuck Pagano come off last year with his battle with cancer and come back strong leading his team this year. As for my niners I think we are seeing a mixture of the 2 long seasons catch up with them as we are seeing injuries to key players and now we lose Aldon Smith because of DUI issues. Not to take away from the Colt or the Seahawks because they played our game better than we did as both of the ran the ball and stuck with it while we abandoned it for the read/spread option. That offense worked last year because we had a power run game that forced the D to have to choose their poison. This year we are seeing the stubbornness of Jim Harbaugh as he is continuing to abandon what got them there and try and run this read option offense which if you look around the league teams have figured it out. You have to do like seattle did to us last week and what we did late last year and run the ball and use the read/spread option to compliment the running game. Running the ball controls the clock and keep the D fresh. Our defense got worn down both last week vs seattle and this week vs the colts because we failed to control the ball. Constant 3 and outs just puts too much pressure on the D to play basically the entire game. The niners so far (minus the green bay game) have not been playing the same football that got them to where they are at. Hopefully Harbaugh gets back to the game plan especially now our defense is depleted.

This just in. Alex Smith is 3-0 ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
From the way I see it, teams have figured out Kaep. Certainly injuries have played a huge part in their slow start, but I think they really figured out how to stop them. I mean GB and IND defense aren't much to brag about, but today Niners looked out of it the whole time, kinda deer in the headlights look. I also think Alex Smith is a better game manager than Kaep, he doesn't make the game that interesting, but he wins games. Kaep has a rocket of an arm and his speed is unbelievable, but he lacks the management and decisiveness that Smith has. I told many of the people I know that Niners keeping Kaep over Smith would probably backfire because Smith is the smarter play I believe. He's not as fast, his arm isn't as strong, and he isn't as well liked, but the guy was winning games when he had the chance. Once again he's got a QB's coach in Reid, and he's winning games.

As for my Eagles.....seems like the same old, same old.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From the way I see it, teams have figured out Kaep. Certainly injuries have played a huge part in their slow start, but I think they really figured out how to stop them. I mean GB and IND defense aren't much to brag about, but today Niners looked out of it the whole time, kinda deer in the headlights look. I also think Alex Smith is a better game manager than Kaep, he doesn't make the game that interesting, but he wins games. Kaep has a rocket of an arm and his speed is unbelievable, but he lacks the management and decisiveness that Smith has. I told many of the people I know that Niners keeping Kaep over Smith would probably backfire because Smith is the smarter play I believe. He's not as fast, his arm isn't as strong, and he isn't as well liked, but the guy was winning games when he had the chance. Once again he's got a QB's coach in Reid, and he's winning games.

Difference between Alex and Kaep is Alex has the experience but I believe Kaep has the better upside. We need a qb with a strong arm but have to remember that this is Kaeps first full season. He is learning was Alex had to learn and that is how to be patient and study the defense. The bad thing about not having a veteran presence on our team as a back up qb is we do not have a guy who can take kaep into the film room and guide him along the way. Kaep is going to be alright, remonds me of Steve Young how people saw him after Joe went to KC and was like "see told you we shouldn;t have gotten rid of Joe". But as the years went on and Steve learned when to run, when to pass, and how to make those critical throws at critical time he became a hall of fame qb as well. Now I am not ready to pick out a yellow blazer for Kaep, far from it, but I think it was due for Kaep to hit a wall and be forced to learn this game. The read option was meant to allow a young qb to be thrown into game situations and be able to use what they are familiar with in college to bridge them along while they learn the nfl game/offense. What I have an issue with the niners coaching staff is they are still trying to run the read option instead of pushing Colin to have to learn to play the game from the pocket and mature into an all around qb. Part of maturity is taking your lumps and making mistakes so they can learn. Steve young along the way threw ints and had bad games but that help him grow and learn to win in those situations.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score

You would think that they would have learned from last season that they cannot turn the ball over multiple times and win. On a good note, McCoy seems solid making it easier for Vick to throw.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Difference between Alex and Kaep is Alex has the experience but I believe Kaep has the better upside. We need a qb with a strong arm but have to remember that this is Kaeps first full season. He is learning was Alex had to learn and that is how to be patient and study the defense. The bad thing about not having a veteran presence on our team as a back up qb is we do not have a guy who can take kaep into the film room and guide him along the way. Kaep is going to be alright, remonds me of Steve Young how people saw him after Joe went to KC and was like "see told you we shouldn;t have gotten rid of Joe". But as the years went on and Steve learned when to run, when to pass, and how to make those critical throws at critical time he became a hall of fame qb as well. Now I am not ready to pick out a yellow blazer for Kaep, far from it, but I think it was due for Kaep to hit a wall and be forced to learn this game. The read option was meant to allow a young qb to be thrown into game situations and be able to use what they are familiar with in college to bridge them along while they learn the nfl game/offense. What I have an issue with the niners coaching staff is they are still trying to run the read option instead of pushing Colin to have to learn to play the game from the pocket and mature into an all around qb. Part of maturity is taking your lumps and making mistakes so they can learn. Steve young along the way threw ints and had bad games but that help him grow and learn to win in those situations.

The 49er woes are not to be put at the feet of their qb. Coach Harbaby is more at fault than any of the players. Every week he has looked like his mom told him he couldn't have desert after dinner because he didn't clean his room up.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
da boys

gore yelled at harbaby for not using him in the second half

Note Duece

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who'd have thunk next Monday nights matchup would be a battle of unbeaten teams, especially when they've both played the Falcons already?
It's an interesting season so far.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate