The Note 8 May Not Launch With Android O

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
could-the-galaxy-note-8-look-just-like-a-larger-s8-with-s-pen-jpg.77582

Android O has been out for a while now in Beta form. It would be easy to think a device like the Note 8 which launches later this year would have this latest and greatest software on board, but that may not be the case. The phone was recently spotted in the HTML5Test database running Android 7.1.1. which is likely what we will see the phone launch with. It should be noted that Note devices in the past have always ran the same Android version as their S counterpart and that doesn't appear to be changing with the Note 8. That being said the device will almost surely get the O update at some point.

via HTML5Test

Attachments

• Could-the-Galaxy-Note-8-look-just-like-a-larger-S8-with-S-Pen.jpg
    Could-the-Galaxy-Note-8-look-just-like-a-larger-S8-with-S-Pen.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 4,077

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not surprising, rarely do the note line launch with the latest software add Google is on build 0 which is normally the buggiest. They will get it around late November

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree. I don't think most manufacturers would launch an os that is still in beta. Too risky especially when they're attached to carriers that are slow in approving future software updates.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Not surprising, rarely do the note line launch with the latest software add Google is on build 0 which is normally the buggiest. They will get it around late November

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

late november of what year??? samsung is usually a bit slow. it seemed to take forever just to get Marshmallow because of at$t.