The Noise canceling ability of the driod is Great!!!

Guchi

Reaction score
the reason i even noticed this almost invisible feature is i have an LG envy hooked up to another line since i had to add a line to upgrade to droid from omnia. i was on the envy talking to my dad and he told me how loud my tv was in the background (somthing he had said a lot in the past but had'nt since i got the droid) so i said i'll call you right back and called him from the droid, to my pleasant suprise he could no longer hear the tv even when i cranked up the volume!!! i then tested it, in addition to the tv and radio it "cancels" the sound of the toilet, sink, shower, blender, electric can opener, exc.

radioz

Reaction score
Just curious, is your Droid in a case or is it naked?

The Droid is alleged to have a second microphone on the back for noise cancellation. If so, having a case of some sort might interfere with the cancellation.

I have mine in a case and am wondering how well it does. I guess I'll need to test it out!

Thanks

OP
Guchi

Guchi

Reaction score
i forgot to say it worked equaly as well with the bodyglove hard case and without it

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
anyone have a pic of where the mic is supposed to be? I have a zagg covering everything ......I was wondering if it covers the mic....??

rjm5151

Reaction score
Pretty sweet lil feature gonna have to check it out with another phone

Thanks for the info.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have a picture but it is tiny rectangular opening at the top center of the back. Here is a Motorola website that verifies the dual mics:

DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Motorola USA

Under the "Calling" heading on that page:

SPEAKERPHONE

CALLER ID4

On main display, Picture ID, Ringer ID

ADVANCED SPEECH RECOGNITION

AUTOMATIC REDIAL

CALL WAITING

CONFERENCE CALLING4

Group call

EMERGENCY DIAL

MUTE CALL

NOISE REDUCTION

Dual microphone noise reduction

Reaction score
Very true. I was at the bus stop the other day talking on the phone with my girlfriend, and a city truck pulled up and fired up a huge, loud gas motor to pump out the sewers. The motor was no more than 10 feet away from me, but my girlfriend couldn't hear it at all. I was amazed since it was so loud that I could barely hear her.