1 mic + 2 noise cancel = win

bheleu

Reaction score
I waited in line and got mine first day, very happy so far.

While testing and talking with my brother, who I talk to on a phone all the time, I was telling him about Droid X new features. One that I remembered is that it has the main voice microphone, and two additional noise cancel microphones. Easy to see the tiny hole where you expect it on the front face to catch your own voice, another on the back side almost directly behind this one, and anther on the top edge next to the headphones jack.

I asked if he could hear cars going by and was told, nope, nothing. Then I tried turning on the TV. He could not hear any background noise, but my voice was fine. So I cranked the volume on the TV up, past the level I would ever listen at normal level. He could still hear nothing except my voice. After changing channels to test various sound and play some music, still almost nothing. He did admin sometimes he would hear "maybe half a note" of background music as I started and ended speaking, but if I continued talking it was perfect in between.

This is only one test from one person, but so far I am totally blown away at how well it does at noise canceling. I have not tested it in other real life situations like a noisy crowd, but am hoping for similar results.

Any other experiences from users? I know the original Droid had a less than ideal reputation in this area, but never owned one.

--Justin

Diggylr

Reaction score
Thats awesome, Ive never actually thought to put it to the test and actually ask someone if they could hear the background noise. I thought the mic on the back/bottom of the X was for video......btw the original droid does have a noise canceling mic, its on the top of the phone on the rear.