The Incredible Vanishing Facebook Sync Option

Thoth17

Reaction score
So after a bit of tomfoolery made me delete my Facebook account from [Settings>accounts I found that all my Facebook contacts have vanished. After spending two hours lurking various forums, and trying all the solutions presented there, two things became very apparent: No one has any concrete solution, and I am throughly boned.
So while I'm listing to the horrid hold music for Verizon support, I thought i'd make one last ditch effort to find a solution before verizon support fails me and I'm forced to reset to factory defaults.

Edit: I forgot to mention, as the title implies, the option to resync has vanished from both the [settings>accounts] (where it only allows you to remove it) and the app itself.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well let's see if we can't help you out. If I understand correctly you lost facebook contacts and resycned fb and they didn't return?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Thoth17

Thoth17

Reaction score
Yes, that exactly. I'm trying the fix the oddly helpful Verizon support guy suggested, but even he didn't know if it would work.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok well let's start there. What did he suggest?

OP
Thoth17

Thoth17

Reaction score
He suggested that I uninstall the app, then do a hard reset by yanking out the battery.
Just tried it, and it didn't work. however I'm going to try it again, this time with the Anti-virus protection uninstalled. to see if that makes any difference.

Edit: nope, it doesn't

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright let me un sync facebook and see if I can come up with anything brb

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have facebook synced both in the native app and the seperate acct in the accts section?

OP
Thoth17

Thoth17

Reaction score
Yes, I had the information entered in both the app and the account. The option to sync simply isn't there.
Were you able to get yours re-synced?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes. I un synced the app and the acct. I resynced the acct and got nothing, then I resyncd the app and they all reappeared in my contacts.

OP
Thoth17

Thoth17

Reaction score
You see the option to Resync was missing completely.
However I looked at my phone this morning to find all the contacts were back.
If I had to guess, I'd say the problem was that the app didn't reset the sync schedule, so it went along normally as if nothing happened and restored my contacts the next time it was scheduled to sync.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to me, I just got the phone last night, so I'm still learning. I can't seem to find the facebook app, is it possible that I deleted it, yet still have the widget?

mac424

Reaction score
How about I tickle your brain on this one spaz33g; When I got into My Accounts> Create account and select the Facebook icon, it does nothing. There are 2 icons, one for the app and one for the Facebook contacts I'm assuming. The app works, the other does nothing.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How about I tickle your brain on this one spaz33g; When I got into My Accounts> Create account and select the Facebook icon, it does nothing. There are 2 icons, one for the app and one for the Facebook contacts I'm assuming. The app works, the other does nothing.

Please don't tickle my brain it feels weird lol

Anyway there are two icons for facebook in the accounts and if I remember correctly the one that does nothing when you click on it is for the app which should be the one to sync contacts. The other one I believe is for the native facebook acct for notifications and such. Could be wrong but that's my understanding.

mac424

Reaction score
Haha sorry... Well I guess a picture is worth a thousand words sometimes so lets try that. The Green circled facebook icon works and is for the facebook app from the market. It only lets me add my email address and password to log into my account. The red boxed icon doesn't work. You press it and it just sits there.

11-30-20102-15-05PM.png