The Incredible Vanishing Facebook Sync Option

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually its the other way around the one that just sits there is the one for the app. I think the reason you can't select it is because that account is handled by the app.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mac424

Reaction score
Actually its the other way around the one that just sits there is the one for the app. I think the reason you can't select it is because that account is handled by the app.

Hmm so, for arguments sake. If I delete the facebook app and then try to use the one that actually came with the phone, it should fix it the contact issue. Then just re-install the app from the market?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually I tried that two nights ago when this problem was first brought up. It seems to me at least that removing the fb app removed my contacts so it looks like the contacts are pulled by the app. You could try it though.

mac424

Reaction score
Ok. Well, its not working the way it is so I guess its worth a shot. Maybe using my back up that I made on titanium back up caused it so I'll just start fresh. Facebook is by no means a show stopper haha. I appreciate the help and clarification on the icons!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright so I was just removing and readding facebook as an app and the account. My previous statements about which icon is which still stands but it looks like the native acct IS the one that that handles the contacts so yeah...

mac424

Reaction score
Ok cool. I still don't have the contacts back, but it may just take a little while to get them all back. We're not talking 1000 friends, but its a few hundred so it may just take sometime. I wonder if I use my back up of the contacts data and restore it through titanium backup. I just don't know which one to use. There are a couple backups that say "contacts" in it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck with restoring contact data with titanium. I think facebook has a timeline for syncing contacts so give it a day and see if they don't miraculously return and we'll take it from there.