The Gun Club

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't have enough AR mags...

You can never have enough mags!

= zombie plan.

i also have a M1, some beretta shotgun, ruger mkII, and a bunch of other guns i don't shoot. also i realized in my first post that i said i have a 229 and 220. this is false. i have a 226 and 220. whatever.. 9mm and .45 is all i know. i put whatever rounds in that fit and clean it religiously, don't know much else about them.

i consider myself a good shot with a pistol though.. i shoot [at] playing cards at over 50 yard [and usually hit them]. though there isn't a place in my house that is open for 50yds, so that can't matter much.

rule number 4: the double-tap.

ricepuddin

Reaction score
Can't keep my weapons in the barracks so no pics :(.

Thus far i have:
.35 Remington
Savage 7mm Magnum
Berreta 12ga
Taurus PT92

My next purchase will be a Springfield XDm 40cal. A local gun store gives a pretty good Military discount . Has anyone used one long term?

rod

Reaction score
this one was a gift from the wife. a smith and wesson 9 mm. i was always afraid of pistols before i had one. just thought there was too much power in such a small package. i love it tho. totally fun to go on the weekend and blast through a few boxes of bullets. i plan on buying a 38 snub next. this one was purely for fun, but it did help me feel a lot safer in the few weeks post-katrina, when the sound of your generator running at night brought a LOT of unwanted attention.

attachment.php

this one is my pride and joy, my baby. it was a gift from my father about ten years ago. it was his before. its a remington 7 mag, solid wood stock with a leupold scope (vari-x III 4.5 x 14-50mm). ive had friends tell me to update my scope, but in the past 5 years or so of shooting, ive never had to readjust the sights. if it aint broke....
attachment.php

ive dropped a buck at 300yds on the spot with this gun. and that was only because i had to. i tend to keep my shots a lot shorter. just pulling it out of the case to take this picture got me itching to take it to the range.

thats all i have. i dont have a massive gun collection like a lot of my friends. but then again, i have all i need. maybe later ill start buying some guns for fun.:icon_evil:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thus far i have:
.35 Remington
Savage 7mm Magnum
Berreta 12ga
Taurus PT92

My next purchase will be a Springfield XDm 40cal. A local gun store gives a pretty good Military discount . Has anyone used one long term?

a friend of mine has the XD 40cal compact. not sure what the XDm is, but if it is anything like the compact, that thing will be a freaking tack-driver (for only having a 3" barrel and not a full-length rail). it is incredibly accurate for it's size, though i credit a lot of that to the mag extension that basically gives it a full size grip. LOVE that gun.

ricepuddin

Reaction score

Thus far i have:
.35 Remington
Savage 7mm Magnum
Berreta 12ga
Taurus PT92

a friend of mine has the XD 40cal compact. not sure what the XDm is, but if it is anything like the compact, that thing will be a freaking tack-driver (for only having a 3" barrel and not a full-length rail). it is incredibly accurate for it's size, though i credit a lot of that to the mag extension that basically gives it a full size grip. LOVE that gun.

The XDm is the match grade XD.
external_27a.jpg

1. the XDM has a better quality match grade barrel (more accurate)
2. you can change the back strap on the grip for variation in grip size
3. has better recoil system (heavy duty guide rod spring)
4. has striker status indicator (to verify weapon is cocked)- may have this on origional XD, but not certain
5. has a MRT (minimal reset trigger) similar to sig's SRT (short reset trigger)- this is a great improvement for follow up shots.
6. deeper, longer slide grasp serrations for grip
7. more texture on polymer frame for better grip and control.
8. 16 rd. mag vs. 12 rds in the origional service model XD .40

I have shot the XDm and like it but it was a brief experience (one magazine). Glad to hear other experiences have been good.

Data

Reaction score
Gun and Droid what could be better

Springfield xd 45acp tac model
Smith and Wesson 500 10.5 barrel with leupold scope
Bushmaster ar15 with 6 30 round clips (need more)
2 Remington 870 12ga with Scopes
1 Remington 870 12ga soon to be tacstar conversion
Smith and Wesson 357 revolver
Browning silver 12ga auto loader with Nikon scope
2 glocks (sold)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so the XDm is nothing like the compact.. ;) well i'm just saying i think it's incredibly accurate for a compact, and that's coming from a guy that (pretty much) only shoots full sized sigs. that's saying something.

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
Ok I'll have to get in this action.......... Here is my round up.
By the way nice weapons guys.

680298957_HMxeD-L.jpg

and this is my go to weapon if I get someone breaking in the house in the middle of the night up to no good.

693864264_bjJNR-L-1.jpg

ricepuddin

Reaction score
so the XDm is nothing like the compact.. ;) well i'm just saying i think it's incredibly accurate for a compact, and that's coming from a guy that (pretty much) only shoots full sized sigs. that's saying something.

Well ill be carrying the full sized. Still good to hear, a good impression of the Compact usefully equals good on the full sized

ricepuddin

Reaction score
Just got it today, decided on the .45 XD instead of the .40Cal XDm, a little cheaper and came with Trijicon night sights! ( all for $485 out the door)
WedFeb10120314AmericaChicago2010.jpg

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Congrats on your new purchase ricepuddin. Its bee you tee full.

M

Matth3w

Here is my contribution. My wife's Smith and Wesson SW40C .40 (was her dad's service pistol when he was police chief) and my Taurus subcompact PT745 Pro .45. I recently got rid of my Olympic Arms M4 due to the fact that there is no range nearby that I can really shoot it at.

:)

4346064561_39f5b496e0_b.jpg

M

Matth3w

Just got it today, decided on the .45 XD instead of the .40Cal XDm, a little cheaper and came with Trijicon night sights! ( all for $485 out the door)
I had the XD9 but honestly it was prone to rusting on the slide for no reason whatsoever. It's a known issue, although they were supposed to have started fixing this with newer models, especially the 45 (I bought mine in 07).

M

Matth3w

Beretta 92fs compact inox. Hd and ccw for me
Had any problems with your Beretta? My M9 was a piece of **** in Afghanistan, always jamming after about 45+ rounds...and I kept that thing spic and span. :(

It was helpful though, on a lot of my missions I didn't carry a rifle, just a shotgun while riding with an M9...and when we took fire...the extra rounds in the 9mm compared to the 45 helped. Obviously not for stopping power but for putting down some occasional cover fire (I know, with a pistol that sucks...but when the Afghan soldiers are hiding in a ditch afraid there isn't a lot of options and fortunately I never had any dead US soldiers while on patrol to get M16s off of).

Me in Afghanistan...I tried to dress down on most of my missions hence why I didn't have too much weaponry.

4346090477_8a48333dc3_b.jpg