The FRG22D Update When Rooted w/ SPRecovery

Twitch043

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I wasn't sure where to ask this so I put it here because this gets a lot of traffic and the topic can always be moved.

So I'm getting my notification about the official system update, and I went to accept it to get it over with and my phone booted into SPRecovery. I'm not sure what I should do, because the update wasn't installed, and using "update.zip" wouldn't work because... nothing was downloaded. So I rebooted and I'm still getting the notification... So what should I do?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You should be able to reboot your phone and be fine. Since you have an alternate recovery installed on your phone the OTA Update should not actually install in your phone. I have heard that it will act like it is but it doesnt.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
What version OS are you running? If you aren't FRG01B (or FRG22D) you will get the update download over and over and over. FRF54, 84B, FRG22, etc... you will get the full 76meg download to take you to FRG01B and then you will get the download for FRG22D.

Or..you could flash the rooted FRG22D image that is floating around and just be done with it.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
SPRecovery blocks it it sounds like, does clockwork mod block it also.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
SPRecovery blocks it it sounds like, does clockwork mod block it also.
yep, I had the rooted FRG22 with the FRG01B build.prop settings and decided I wanted to see what differences FRG22 build.prop id# would show in the Market. I immediately was pushed the FRG01B update from Verizon and clockworkmod stopped it from flashing. I then downloaded the rooted FRG22D and installed that.

OP
Twitch043

Twitch043

Reaction score
I figured it out.

I should've mentioned that when it booted to SPRecovery, I TRIED installing update.zip, accidentally installing 928Droid's Black Glass 2.2x theme for Simply Stunning 4.7... which I was no longer using, so I had to run a nandroid recovery from like 2 days ago, which obviously was before I got the update notification, so it thought I didn't accept it.

We're good, thanks for the answers!

Sleeve

Reaction score
Clockwork didn't block an OTA 22D today. I'm back on SP.