The droid is a nice phone but... [fill in the blank]

ss13

Reaction score
camera is too slow and needs way too much light for a decent shot because the flash is blue. I know its a phone, but in comparison to other smartphone cameras...come on motorola!

G

gatewayad

The Droid is a nice phone but... why wont the light work while taking a video?
But... I wish you could remove portions of a email you want to forward.
But... I wish it wasn't so addicting... Ha!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a work around for having the LED on while recording video. Download the app "MotoTorch" (it's an LED flashlight app) and just turn it on before opening the camera! Voila... flash for video!

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you install a flashlight app, you can turn on the light during video.

Tracyap

Reaction score
The droid is a nice phone but... actually, let me rephrase it.

The Droid is an amazing device in so many ways ... but it sucks as a phone. Half my callers have trouble hearing whole parts of my conversation. Receiving my third replacement today ...

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a work around for having the LED on while recording video. Download the app "MotoTorch" (it's an LED flashlight app) and just turn it on before opening the camera! Voila... flash for video!
get a job! :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got one. Just waiting for the call to go back :) LOL

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
not sure why people are still complaining about the camera. i think it's great.
Well, in light like that there should be no problem.
I'm speaking to the times when you want to take a quick shot and it takes the camera that extra 3 to 5 seconds to save the picture and if you move then you're out of luck with the shot you were hoping to capture. It's very disappointing.
stadium light is some of the WORST light you could take pics in. those bulbs they use wreak havok on white balance and shutter speeds.

for a p&s, the DROID is no different than any other p&s I've ever used. slow in low light, high ISOs to get decent shots.

it does what i want of it. if you're pulling your camera out to take a candid moment, you're setting yourself up for failure. ;)
candid moments setup for failure! LOL!

G

gatewayad

Ha! you guys are great, and I will try that, but wouldnt you think that should of been incorporated in the original design with the video camera.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
... wish it has 7.0 SP1 :icon_ devil:

My is with the market is simple, and I emailed them about it. They need to add date information on the info pages. I know we are supposed to get updates to installed apps automatically, but I'd like to see if a dev adds a change or new version when that came out.

For example, BoA app for banking, I use the mobile site, and uninstalled the app because I didn't lile it, emailed them, however other than looking for a change in version number, I would have no quick way of knowing if a change to an uninstalled app had occurred, and when that updated app change was made.

Other issues I expect will get better with OS releases, apps, etc.

BostonBill

Reaction score
if you install a flashlight app, you can turn on the light during video.

Great tip!
Simple and easy to follow. :)

Sodner

Reaction score
The droid is a nice phone but...Should have came with a warning stating "May cause relationship dismisile".

Because ive had the damn thing for 7 weeks now and I cant put it down and the fiance is about to leave my a$$.

So ture. The wife HATES this phone and refuses to wash my "Droid Does" t-shirt. :icon_eek:

The Droid is nice but.......
The camera sucks
They haven't enabled multi-touch
Battery life could be better
It doesn't have the2.1 OS yet.

OP
BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
I wish that it was easier to download mp3 when I attached my droid to my laptop. For some reason I am able to see the mp3 file on my pc (listed as an external drive) but when I disconnect the droid I no longer see the file.

Presently, the only way that I am able to download music is from the amazon application on the droid.

i wish windows 7 worked as good as win xp did with droid. let me rephrase that. i wish droid formated its sd card to NTFS instead of fat32, which is the cause of this problem.

also this is my second droid. and have had the same problems long before i had app killer on the phone.