The daily perils of my Droid

christophersquid

Reaction score
I love my phone. That being said, it goes with me everywhere, and is subject to some dangerous situations. Its been dropped from cars face down onto pavement, fell down stairs, suffered through broken cases, even more falls, and many other bumps and bruises along the way. This being said, I have come to realize that my Droid has triumphed over liquid dangers as well. The first time my Droid came into contact with liquid, it was just plain old water from the sink that got splashed on top of it. Big deal, clean off the screen, good as new. The second time was a bit more interesting. I was at a party, standing around playing with my shiny new Droid, when lo and behold someone carrying a cup of wine got pushed, sending the cup (and its owner) through the air. The wine flew out of the cup, across the room, and in the direction of my Droid. Like a mother protecting her newborn, I covered the Droid just in time to prevent a complete dousing, although the wine did get in behind the slider mechanism and made it hard to slide for a few months. The most recent event was this weekend, during a 24 hour film festival at school. RedBull was a sponsor of the event, and sometime around 3am we were all given complimentary cans to help get us through the rest of the movies. This is all well and good, but being up for so long has a severe impact on ones judgment. I took two cans, and started absentmindedly tapping the bottom ends together during a 5am showing of Good Burger. "Cool", I thought, and turned the cans around and started tapping the top ends together. Big mistake, as the cans burst open and sent a torrent of RedBul right out of the cans and all over my lap, upon which sat my Droid. Surprisingly, its perfectly fine! Nothing happened to it at all, no adverse effects (except it smells kind of funny), I just wiped it off as best as I could and put it away for a little bit. I don't know about any of you guys, but my Droid's seen its fair share of harmful situations, and so far has come out lookin like a champ.

searayman

Reaction score
Get Astro and download droidmod:

DroidMod v1.0 is out - DroidMod

I am fairly certain droidmod will root your phone and install recovery and then droidmod 1.0. I wrote how to do this with sholes mod here:

Installing a Custom Android ROM on Motorola Droid - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Sholesmod and droidmod work the same way but droidmod is not in the market yet and you can get it for free from the firs link I posted. You just have to install it using astro. Enjoy and feel free to ask if you need more help.

iMpathetic

Reaction score
WTF?

cool story though! Mine hasn't seen quite as much action as that.

searayman

Reaction score
totally think i clicked on the wrong link when answerign the question sorry.....(mod can delete my posts...)