The camera sucks

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by atomicwedgie, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Member

Ratings:
    +0
    agreed. I'll take that quality any day. If you want a the best pictures get a Camera

2. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok here are both pics tweaked... sized the same and mind you I work in PS for a living.

First the sized/edited Droid shot

[​IMG]

Taken with the Storm
    [​IMG]

See all the color noise in the cars on the Droid shot?

GRANTED... I need to do a lot of playing with the camera to see what can be tweaked but I wanted a fair "pull it out of the box and take a pic" comparison.

#14 atomicwedgie, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  3. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    Yeah. I have taken about 10 pictures with my phone, all tests... close ups, and far aways. They all seem to work fine, the close-ups take an extra second but nothing bad. So far i'm happy with it, but if they want to improve it, ill let them :)

4. schreid

schreid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like the camera has a high ISO. Is there an ISO adjustment in it(light/Dark). Higher ISO cause a grainy look.

5. turnerjoy

turnerjoy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You really would need to take the same picture back to back to compare. Lighting is the most important part of photography, in the end photography is just recording light.

It seems in the first photo you are seeing the harsh I'm guessing pre-noon sun and then the cloud cover is diffusing the light giving the storm better colors.

I didn't do any pixel peeping but its possible that the Storm is "cheating" a bit more and doing some processing on the "unprocessed" image.

You can thank the long time Megapixel and chip size arms race for color noise. All other things being equal the more pixels you try to capture per area the more noise you will have.

Thankfully in some cases noise can be improved with firmware updates (as was the case with my beloved Sony A700).

6. turnerjoy

turnerjoy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I just enlarged the photos a bit and you are right that the noise in the shadow areas of the tree are pretty horrid on your droid shot, I'll have to investigate this soon when I'm on the monitor I use for photo stuff.

7. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I played with it a little more this weekend and it is having serious issues trying to focus. I am wondering if this is a hardware problem (although there are none of the clicking noises people have talked about) or if a software update can solve this.

8. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For a cell phone I'm liking it. I'll admit that my Storm did take the pics quicker and they appear to be a little nicer. It isn't a big enough differrence for me to hate this camera though and once the focus is fixed and speed is improved a bit I'll have no issues. I actually set mine to 3mp because I'll NEVER need 5mp on my phone lol I think it improved the speed a LITTLE.

9. jleachma

jleachma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't complain, I didnt buy it for its camera. I mean I'm not upset my sony cybershot wont navigate me to the nearest gas station:laugh:

10. theduke211

theduke211 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah camera needs work but luckily its all software and not hardware issues. It will be fixed soon.

11. windstrings

windstrings Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that the viewfinder looks better if brightness on the global settings for the phone is turned from auto to off and the brightness it turned all the way up.

I think better pictures are taken when its more real to life through the viewfinder.

I have a dare and I've compared pictures from the samsung imagination and while the dare looks better through the viewfinder its actually not realistic as to what the eyes actually see and the droid is truer to life.

My friend bluetoothed a pic from his imagination to my droid and while his amoled looked just a tad more vivid on colors "again, non realistic to being there" the detail was WAY better on the droid as you could see things that were not even visible on the imagination.

All in all, I think some software upgrades will go a long way.
    We have a good quality lens... thats the first step.

12. Grimster

Grimster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid cameras image looks much more washed-out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

android camera sucks

android camera sucks, any fix?
android canera sucks
android stock camera sucks
htc rezound camera wont focus far away
motorola droid mini camera sucks
picsay pro back ground wallpapers
the android camera quality sucks
why 5mp camera sux