Thank you Verizon

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just had a funny thought.
I think it's time I thank Verizon for being so incredibly restrictive with what kinds of devices they will allow on the network. A friend of mine, not someone I know very well, but he just bought a Blu phone. Not sure which one. A cheap one. 3GB of RAM and a 32GB internal. Said it's pretty decent on T-Mobile and he paid like $160 I believe.
Thank you Verizon...for saving me so much money.
I may have bought a Zenfone 2 for only $199.
Might have tried the Huawei Honor for $175.
Every couple weeks some quirky or inexpensive little phone gets released and every time it's the same routine.
"Att or T-Mobile only..." and sometimes Sprint. But never Big Red.
So, officially, I say THANK YOU VERIZON! You have probably saved me at least $1,000 over the last 4 years from silly little impulse buys

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Agreed. I think about trying those inexpensive devices from time to time as well, but they're never available on my network. I'm sure I've saved at least as much. #THANKYOUVERIZON

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Pere, it's because Big V is LTE / CDMA, but the word is, they will be phasing it out, so the others may work, I'd not put money on it being sooner than later though...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pere, it's because Big V is LTE / CDMA, but the word is, they will be phasing it out, so the others may work, I'd not put money on it being sooner than later though...
I think 2019 is the semi official end of cdma if rumors turn out to be true.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
One cannot simply say "It's only because of the Network. VZW would surely let you use ANY phone if it were possible!"
Right? Is that the line of crap y'all are REALLY trying to feed me? Haven't there BEEN phones that COULD run on VZW and VZW simply said "no".
You know the answer to this.
But again... I am not upset by this! I've had good phones! Just not as many as I probably would have had on....ANY other carrier. ;)

#THANKYOUVERIZON

Last edited:

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So, why not change to ATT or T-Mob?

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Job pays for my phone.
And I did talk to T-Mobile about switching the entire company over. Could have saved some money.
But the logistics of everyone being in contracts makes it a bit of a nightmare. If you ever wondered why businesses were allowed to continue with contracts, look no further then that reason right there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
One cannot simply say "It's only because of the Network. VZW would surely let you use ANY phone if it were possible!"
Right? Is that the line of crap y'all are REALLY trying to feed me? Haven't there BEEN phones that COULD run on VZW and VZW simply said "no".

You know the answer to this.

VZW cares about their quality of service and has strict requirement of their carriers?

Oh! You were probably referring to that fiction that VZW makes money on phones...SOOOO MUCHHHH money that they stopped selling subsidized phones. It was just too much money, they had to stop.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Geez, couldn't ya'll have just said "Totes agree" and we could have moved on. No...you defend Big Red? Really? And then this forces me to attack them. I just wanted to say THANKS! lol

Really Kodiak? You think VZW keeps these other phones off the network on purpose because.... because... poorly made phones could make the network run poorly?
Like the Asus Zenfone 2?
The Huawei Honor? Both Universally praised for how good they are.
Not to mention Sony. Pretty sure Sony has a solid track record of making excellent stable phones.
Then there was the Moto X Pure that Verizon originally blocked, and then changed their minds on. Remember that?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably when their 5G comes up
No that'll actually begin deployment before that. There's a thread about it on the forum here somewhere or other.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No that'll actually begin deployment before that. There's a thread about it on the forum here somewhere or other.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Begin yes, be fully functional, that will take some time, you recall how long decent 4G took to implement.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Several unlocked phones work on Verizon... Moto x pure, moto g, nexus 5x, 6p and 6. Not all are inexpensive and that I do understand.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sorry Pere, another reason to hate Verizon, and it's cheaper...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not sure what "Totes agree" means, but basically some feathers are being ruffled here because we can't purchase a crappy (I mean "inexpensive" ) Chinese made device to use on a network/carrier we don't even pay for? A low or mid range device most of us wouldn't bother to purchase to begin with? So basically, the past few years you've purchased Verizon's "latest & greatest", you've REALLY wanted a not so latest & greatest? Who knew!? Bwahahaha!
#1stWorldProblems
#ThankYouVZWforNotSellingEveryLowEndDeviceThatHitsTheMarket!
I kid of course!
Vzw IS "restrictive" in that aspect, but whaddya do.

S5 tap'n