If you weren't on Verizon, what other carrier would you use?

cp24eva

Reaction score
This question popped up in my mind today because verizon no longer offers unlimited plans, but some other carriers do. I've only used AT&T and Verizon. I hear the other carriers (Sprint and T-mobile mainly) aren't bad at all. Just depends on your area I guess. What are your thoughts? I don't like AT&T mainly because they didn't man up to an outage in my area. A tower in my neighborhood went down...and stayed down for a month and some change. I was in a fringe/dead zone because of that. They wouldn't let me borrow or lease me a microcel. They wanted me to buy it ($200) I'm supposed to have service in my area. I had service in my area until the outage. People were in the store every other day like me. I immediately got out of my contract free of charge because I would not stand for non service. I'd have to go down 2 miles to be able to make a phone call.

So, no AT&T loyalty from me.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Sprint I guess. I have been looking at Metro. They have a LTE network. It's not very big, but if you live in the right spot it could be financially beneficial. And, they are improving on there Android phone. Slowly, but surely. It may also be possible to use your current device on their network.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I was a long time Sprint user and I was satisfied with their coverage. I got caught up in iPhone fever and purchased the 3GS from AT&T several years ago... Huge mistake. I traveled around the U.S. visiting friends in Vegas, Tampa, NYC, Atlanta, etc. and their coverage was so spotty the phone was virtually unusable. It might sound like hyperbole but I could rarely have a conversation for more than 5 minutes without a drop. I paid my ETF and came to VZW. There is NO WAY I will ever go back to AT&T unless they totally re-do their network and they got sparkling unquestionably good reviews. I will never recommend them to a friend either. My wife uses the iPhone and she upgraded to the 4s (work pays for it) and she still drops calls. When I'm in the room and her calls drop I chime in with my television announcer voice, "This call was brought to you by... AT&T."

If it wasn't VZW then it'd be Sprint.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I was a long time Sprint user and I was satisfied with their coverage. I got caught up in iPhone fever and purchased the 3GS from AT&T several years ago... Huge mistake. I traveled around the U.S. visiting friends in Vegas, Tampa, NYC, Atlanta, etc. and their coverage was so spotty the phone was virtually unusable. It might sound like hyperbole but I could rarely have a conversation for more than 5 minutes without a drop. I paid my ETF and came to VZW. There is NO WAY I will ever go back to AT&T unless they totally re-do their network and they got sparkling unquestionably good reviews. I will never recommend them to a friend either. My wife uses the iPhone and she upgraded to the 4s (work pays for it) and she still drops calls. When I'm in the room and her calls drop I chime in with my television announcer voice, "This call was brought to you by... AT&T."

If it wasn't VZW then it'd be Sprint.

Haha, thats mean. I've had my fair share of dropped calls. iphone has to be the reason they are like 2nd in sales or something. AT&T networks isn't all that great. I was with them for 3.5 years. Spotty connection and dropped calls. Not enough to be annoying for me, but that month long outage was the straw that broke the camels back.

My Dad is on Sprint and he seems to like it. They have unlimited too right? I'm not in anyway saying that I'm jumping ship. I love my verizon phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was on at&t for years before I switched to Verizon two years ago. I never had a dropped call or anything with that network but no denying they are one of the worst overall. Happy with Verizon though, excellent customer service, awesome phones, and no issues (minus 4g phones going down). Hopefully I can remain a Verizon customer for life

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums