Texts not going thru, just started today

kdw11005

Reaction score
I've had my bionic from the begining and I have been very lucky with it....when most people were having the connectivity & 4G problems when it first came out I really didn't have those issues. This morning I tried sending a text and it didn't go thru (I got the black envelope with the red X and a message saying it didn't go thru). I tried resending, still nothing. I deleted the message & tried again, nothing. I have restarted my phone, I have pulled the battery, I have tried running off wi-fi, I have tried texting different people in different areas, different states....they all have the same result, nothing I send is going thru but I am receiving texts (as far as I know) just fine, I am getting them from people but mine are not sending. It's really frustrating. It was all of a sudden this morning, everything was fine before. The only odd thing that happened is I tried to change my wallpaper, it said it was set however the wallpaper was black (not what I had set), I tried setting the wallpaper to one of the wallpapers that came with the phone and when I did the phone restarted itself, that's when the problems began. Help Please!!!!!

mamawm

Reaction score
I wonder if it's a Verizon issue. I'm not having problems sending, but today every text from my husband has come in multiple times.

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
The rep at verizon also has a bionic and he said his was doing it last week but pulling the battery fixed it. I told him I don't want a refurbished phone if I don't have to get one cuz it's just someone else's problem. Now I'm having problems with phone calls, I keep hearing a beeping while on calls, it's not another call and it's not a text, my battery is fine...there's just a constant beeping. I also found yesterday that a text with 3 or fewer lines goes through, if it has four or more lines it won't send. The verizon rep was really nice and a fan of this site, he said he's learned more from this site than he has from the three years at verizon. I'm getting a refurbished phone, they can't fix mine.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
my refurb came today....so far so good. Installed apps already, all seems well :)