Texting *without* a data plan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, this might be a stupid question but is there an easy way to text *without* a data plan on the Galaxy? I have one, but I do not have a data plan and wanted to know if I could use it to txt people on it as well? It seems like I have heard that you can use Google Voice (at least I think it was) to do it. I have never used GV so I do not know how easy it is to set up, and if you can even do what I want to do with it. Is it possible?

Nickswl07

Reaction score
I use GV and it works great

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

bigboi3000

Reaction score
Try free sms (pringo) they also let you select a number too, I like it better than gv because you can send mms too!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Markster1

Reaction score
I have a plan but I also have Line 2 on this (100 bucks a yr) and its a phone and texting.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Try free sms (pringo) they also let you select a number too, I like it better than gv because you can send mms too!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Couldn't find it on the market...please share

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

jayoffutt

Reaction score
Take a look at Textplus in marketplace

Sent from my SCH-I905

JoDroid

Reaction score
I have a plan with Verizon for my Samsung 10.1 and they assigned the tablet a phone number. There is no texting app that comes with the Samsung. I searched for Handcent but can't find it. I found it when I searched on my Bionic but can't find it with the tablet. Any ideas?

Thanks

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have a plan with Verizon for my Samsung 10.1 and they assigned the tablet a phone number. There is no texting app that comes with the Samsung. I searched for Handcent but can't find it. I found it when I searched on my Bionic but can't find it with the tablet. Any ideas?

Thanks

That means its not compatible with your tablet

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Spindry

Reaction score
I use google voice for sms and voice its all free and works good.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

JoDroid

Reaction score
I use google voice for sms and voice its all free and works good.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

So how do you use Google Voice for a tablet? I have a phone # associated with the tablet but Google Voice would not be able to verify it by calling the number.

mikeyd08

Reaction score
I use Google voice, just install and sign in using your Gmail account. Also, may try TxtTab. App that connects tab with android phone thru Bluetooth. Lets you send and receive txts on the tab, thru your phone. Works great with my bionic. Please be aware I have wifi only tab.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums