Text Vibration Not Strong Enough

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I just got an S4 yesterday and I am still setting up. I need the vibration for when I get a text to be quite strong and noticeable. I actually made a custom one, but it didn't seem to take as the notifier.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to increase the magnitude of the text notifier?

Thanks!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have a note 2 so it might be different, but in settings under sound you can adjust the vibration intensity.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup you should be able to adjust the vibration intensity and it does get pretty high.

OP
theblackabbot

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Yup you should be able to adjust the vibration intensity and it does get pretty high.

The intensity is at maximum.

Is there anyway to set the text message notifier vibration to a custom one? Right now it seems to be just the two short buzzes.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yeah under sound in settings.

y4uqaby5.jpg

Then under device vibration there are several choices, heart beat, jingle bells, my favorite is tick tock. On high intensity it buzzes 8 or 10 times, on a table it will rattle and has woken me up from the living room while I was in bed!

Again the note 2 might be different. Good luck!

ymetepe2.jpg

OP
theblackabbot

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Yeah under sound in settings.

y4uqaby5.jpg

Then under device vibration there are several choices, heart beat, jingle bells, my favorite is tick tock. On high intensity it buzzes 8 or 10 times, on a table it will rattle and has woken me up from the living room while I was in bed!

Again the note 2 might be different. Good luck!

ymetepe2.jpg

This still doesn't do it. I have the Device Vibration set at Tick Tock. When I go into the Intensity settings, it only vibrates twice. When I get a text, it only vibrates twice, despite the device vibration being set on Tick Tock. What am I missing here?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This still doesn't do it. I have the Device Vibration set at Tick Tock. When I go into the Intensity settings, it only vibrates twice. When I get a text, it only vibrates twice, despite the device vibration being set on Tick Tock. What am I missing here?
What app are you using for messages? I use GoSMS and am able to create a custom vibration notification through GoSMS settings

OP
theblackabbot

theblackabbot

Reaction score
What app are you using for messages? I use GoSMS and am able to create a custom vibration notification through GoSMS settings

I was using the stock SMS app, but I'll try this. If it works, so be it. Thanks!

OP
theblackabbot

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good third party app for texting that is free and does NOT have ads? That lets you create you own custom vibration notifications?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Does anyone know of a good third party app for texting that is free and does NOT have ads? That lets you create you own custom vibration notifications?
I personally use GoSMS and have liked it the best compared to other 3rd party ones I've used for awhile. As for ads...I'm rooted and use adblock, so I'm not 100% sure if GoSMS has ads or not as I installed AdBlock before anything else really. Definitely has custom vibration notifications though and it works great.