Text Ringtones??

Milli16

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to assign certain songs to the text messages I receive from certain people???

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Handcent a free app. When I open the app and view an existing contact I tap the contact which opens the last message. In the top right is a icon (person with gear) tap that and add Notification setting.

Mike

mjs31

Reaction score
I use Handcent a free app. When I open the app and view an existing contact I tap the contact which opens the last message. In the top right is a icon (person with gear) tap that and add Notification setting.

Mike

Yep. Handcent does this without issue. I then use tone picker (although there are many out there) that allows me to pick any songs I have as ringtone, text etc.

Guchi

Reaction score
nice i have been using handcent for like 5 months and dint know that

OP
M

Milli16

Reaction score
Which Handcent? Handcent SMS? and also I tried downloading that before, but It won't apply to my messages when I click the messages icon. y is that? sorry I'm a newbie

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just opened my app it is Handcent SMS. I've not heard of any issues with Handcent. Download it and try it again.

Mike

OP
M

Milli16

Reaction score
One more thing...Mike you havebeen so helpful...how can i stop the double notifications i get?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to help.
Open the stock app, tap menu, tap settings, scroll down to notification and uncheck.

Mike

OP
M

Milli16

Reaction score
o nevermind!! it works!!! Thank you!!