text picture

pbickel

Reaction score
I just upgraded to ics and love the new texting app. I like how it displays pictures by each message but cannot find how to change my picture. Has anyone found out how to?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That pic can be changed by long pressing the pic in a message, select edit, long press the photo and select where you'd like to get the photo from.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
pbickel

pbickel

Reaction score
Every time I try it gives me a pop up that says contact does not exist

steelman52

Reaction score
Go to "people", choose your own profile (the very first one, if it doesn't exist you will need to create it), then go to edit by pressing main menu button, send check to see if your photo is correct. If not, long press it to change or insert it from your gallery.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Go to "people", choose your own profile (the very first one, if it doesn't exist you will need to create it), then go to edit by pressing main menu button, send check to see if your photo is correct. If not, long press it to change or insert it from your gallery.

This. It took me awhile after first getting ICS, but I eventually figured it out. There's a section called Me at the top of your contacts (above the A's) where the contact information for yourself is located.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Apparently some people weren't familiar with the ME contact... :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Apparently some people weren't familiar with the ME contact... :)

I was familiar with it, but the update changed things around. I had a picture on my contact in Gingerbread, but it wasn't there after the update. I think that the system saying that the contact doesn't exist when attempting to edit it from the text messaging app is what probably confuses most people though.