Camera 360 front camera

mi_fiveo

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the Droid Razr and this forum. I installed the Camera 360 app and when you take a picture with the front facing camera it flips the image after you take the picture. Like the picture was taken in a mirror and it is a reflection. Anyone know how to fix this?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hello,
I'm new to the Droid Razr and this forum. I installed the Camera 360 app and when you take a picture with the front facing camera it flips the image after you take the picture. Like the picture was taken in a mirror and it is a reflection. Anyone know how to fix this?

So to clarify, if you part your hair on the right, in the picture it shows your hair parted on the left, and of course left ear becomes right, etc.? :icon_eek:

Very interesting. I would put that right back to the APP Dev. There must be an issue about how the data is being read from cache, perhaps where the last bit is being read as the first and vice versa all the way through the picture cache. Otherwise I don't have an answer for this.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Update:

I haven't used the front-facing camera to actually take pictures though I have used it to do phone conferencing and never really took notice of what side was what. Anyhow, when I look at my image on the screen in the preview (before the picture is shot), it appears as though I was looking in a mirror as you describe, where if I raise my right hand to my right eye, on the screen I see myself raising my left hand to my left eye.

Well, after the picture is snapped, and I review it, the image is now as I would have expected, a 180 degree sideways flip, so everything looks normal again. Perhaps your Camera 360 software is pulling the image from the preview rather than capturing it from the cache once the shot is taken, so the phone's camera circuitry never gets the chance to flip the image.

OP
M

mi_fiveo

Reaction score
Yes left becomes right after the picture is taken. Weird

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes left becomes right after the picture is taken. Weird

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

So to clarify once again, are the saved pictures on yours the right orientation as they are on mine, or the reverse which matches the backwards preview?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
OK this is wierd, I just took a picture of me, right eye closed. When you look at the final pic the right eye was closed.
However, when you're looking at the phone display it is like a mirror image, my left eye is closed.
Huh, why?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I think because we as humans are used to seeing our reverse image in the mirror or any other reflective surface and it looks normal to us. If we raise our right hand in front of the camera, we expect to see a hand go up on the same side of the image in front of us as the side we're raising it on. In other words we expect to see a hand go up on the right side of the screen, not the left (which would be the accurate representation).

If we were to see the normal image on the screen while we were looking at it, it may be confusing to us. If the hand went up on the opposite side it might be very strange, disorienting. It might cause us to move the camera in the opposite direction of which we intend when lining up shots. There could be other possible effects of such a view.

There are mirrors out there which are designed to let you see yourself as others see you (True Mirror®: Discover your True Reflection). One in particular is experimental but being worked up for retail distribution and uses hundreds of thousands of micro convex mirrors which flip the image they see back in the opposite view and since each one will show a dot of reflected image (much like a pixel), the entire image is composed in front of you the same way. I can't find a link to the article at the moment but it is in the experimental stage at the moment.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
The stock camera and camera zoom fx both flip the image in the thumbnail and final picture.
Take a picture of a word..

Seems as if my kid's dinc2 actually showed it mirrored as you looked to take a picture. Probably why alot of the video chat software would be fubar on the dinc2.

Look in the camera setting it may have a flip option ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

Chirichi

Reaction score
Hi. I just downloaded the camera 360 app. But whenever I use the front camera, it would appear upside down. But when i take a picture it is right side up or it would appear normal. How can i fix this? Its kinda hard to take pictures when i use my front camera. Help?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Holding it up side down? Just tried the app and it did the same until I turned the phone over.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2