Text Message Icon Unknown... someone please help?

Apolymoxic

Reaction score
Today, one of my text message conversations showed an icon on the right hand side that I was unfamiliar with. It was right about the date/time stamp and looked like an x button. Can someone tell me what that was? I was thinking maybe it meant the conversation had reached a limit because no matter how many additional texts I sent or received from this person, the number stayed the same (204). But when I restarted the phone, the icon had gone away and the number started increasing again.

I took a screen shot to help...
1zgfb77.png

Anyone know what this means?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Looks like something to give you delete options, or delete the thread. Is that the stock messaging app?? I think there's an auto delete once you reach a certain # of txt.

Sent from my Axiom flavored D3

OP
Apolymoxic

Apolymoxic

Reaction score
Looks like something to give you delete options, or delete the thread. Is that the stock messaging app?? I think there's an auto delete once you reach a certain # of txt.

Yes, this is the stock messaging app. I am pretty sure there is an auto delete function too. In fact, I know there is. But I have never seen that icon... and I couldn't click it... it was just there.

OP
Apolymoxic

Apolymoxic

Reaction score
The default setting on the phone is to delete old messages as the limit is reached. The limits are 200 texts and 20 multimedia. I think that the default setting for large text messages (messages that contains more characters than a set number of regular texts would hold) is to convert messages that contain more than 290 characters (that's 2 regular texts) to a multimedia message. Also, pictures and such are, obviously, multimedia. So, I guess that's why the number is larger than 200.
So I understand that... I still don't know what that icon was. And I have searched numerous sites and not come up with an answer.