1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tether? Why does the "access-control"-feature not work or is disabled

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by black68gtx, Feb 26, 2011.

1. black68gtx

black68gtx New Member

Need some clearification. I loaded Wireless Tether for rooted and got this message the first time I ran it. "access-control"-feature not work or is disabled".
    I went to the FAQ site and it gave me this "If the feature "CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_MAC" is missing the "access control"-feature will not work correctly (you will see a "failed"-status in "Show log" for "Enabling access control"). To detect if all kernel-option were enabled in your current kernel the following kernel-options should be enabled: CONFIG_PROC_FS, CONFIG_IKCONFIG, and CONFIG_IKCONFIG_PRO. This dumps the current kernel-config to /proc/config.gz".
    I'm a newbie so, I'm not sure how to proceed with this or should I Be concerned with it.
Search tags for this page

wireless tether failed access control