Terrible Battery Life After Kitkat - Verizon G2

scott craft

Reaction score
Leave Bluetooth off all day. Then at night before bed or whatever, go to settings, and then battery. You will see Bluetooth has used like 3 or 4 percent of your battery. And it was never on! At least this has happened to me, every day since 4.4 update. Other people have chimed in on this too.

I checked mine earlier before charging it and it didn't have any bluetooth usage showing. I did reset mine though. I read on android central that the update that gives the G2 knock code has a fix for this bluetooth issue.

NWRULES

Reaction score
I checked mine earlier before charging it and it didn't have any bluetooth usage showing. I did reset mine though. I read on android central that the update that gives the G2 knock code has a fix for this bluetooth issue.

Oh cool. Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Did you happen to find out when that update is rolled out?

scott craft

Reaction score
Oh cool. Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Did you happen to find out when that update is rolled out?

From what I've read in the forums over there it's just international models getting it right now. I haven't read any news about it coming to US carriers though.

Future2Hope4

Reaction score
It could be the global radio

Hello all.
May I offer a suggestion on how to improve battery life? Go to settings>Tethering & network> Mobile Networks>System select.

Check your network mode. If global is selected, change this to LTE/CDMA.

I remember when completing Samsung OTA updates that this feature would be activated by Verizon. Sure enough, they did the same on the lg G2 OTA update. Once I changed my network to the LTE/CDMA option, my battery life was better than before.
This may help a few of you avoid a factory data reset.

Secondly, I’ve noticed that once I force the network to change, the next time it resets to “Global” the battery consequences are not as severe. I’m not sure why the phone network changes like that but it does.

Hope this helps a few of the forum members.

scott craft

Reaction score
Hello all.
May I offer a suggestion on how to improve battery life? Go to settings>Tethering & network> Mobile Networks>System select.

I remember when completing Samsung OTA updates that this feature would be activated by Verizon. Sure enough, they did the same on the lg G2 OTA update. Once I changed my network to the LTE/CDMA option, my battery life was better than before.

Secondly, I’ve noticed that once I force the network to change, the next time it resets to “Global” the battery consequences are not as severe. I’m not sure why the phone network changes like that but it does.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to do that. Hopefully that helps my phone some.

windstrings

Reaction score
I have good battery life if not better after the update, mine is set on LTE also.. Maybe by default, from Verizon?
7ejytegy.jpg

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

NWRULES

Reaction score
Hello all.

Totally forgot about that option. Sure enough it was set to global after update. Will switch over to LTE/CDMA and monitor results. Thanks