TERRIBLE battery life w/ rooted Gingerbread

_banana

Reaction score
I'm having terrible battery life after I installed Gingerbread. In about 3-4 hours it's already at 30%. And I have the EXTENDED battery, official from Motorola.

How could it be so ridiculously bad? Everyone else seems to have increased battery life but mine is unbearable.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tough question to answer. I don't see anyone else complaining but give it a while. Sooner or later there is always a post about bad battery life after an update.

If it's that bad then simply sbf back to stock. If you can. Have you looked into it?

OP
B

_banana

Reaction score
Should I just wait it out, will it get better? Or do I have to return to stock, because Gingerbread is so much better with my phone and I'd prefer not to.

mugsy77

Reaction score
Just in case you didn't realize, Gingerbread leaves Wi-Fi on if I am not mistaken. Not sure if the Power Control widget shows it being on, but double check under Settings.

Also, go to Settings, Battery & Data Manager, and then Battery Mode. Select Maximum Battery Saver, which should help out lots (if apps honor OS setting)

GB really does have a lot to save on battery, so it is likely something you installed/restored. Each program likely has its own settings to Refresh/Sync, so double check 'em all!

I'd also throw out there to reset battery statistics in bootloader.

Last edited:

GeXX

Reaction score
My battery has been better with GB, and I also have the extended battery. But I recalibrate my battery at least once a month.. Not totally by choice, but I let it die and then fully charge it.