Tell me why i should not sell my maxxhd for htc dna

roach

Reaction score
The way smartphones are popping up is crazy,and I no I can't keep buying them when a new one comes on the market,I have owned droidx,bionic and waited a very long time for the so called danari or droid fighter which turned out to be the maxx_hd which I have now.I wanted a big display and the samsung was way too big.
This htc_dna is looking good all the way around and it's powerful & good looking, it looks like it will knock out the maxx_hd and will be verizions new flagship smartphone,so until I get it in my hands I can not make a decision.

jaseman

Reaction score
Because it will need to be recharged much more often than the Maxx HD.
Simple

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Because it will need to be recharged much more often than the Maxx HD.
Simple
yea i can feel your pain but i'm in a truck most of the time and battery life is no problem,but your right.

MrHug3

Reaction score
Well, I have had the OG, X, Bionic, RAZR, and now the Maxx HD. I happen to have an affinity for all things moto though. With that being said, I also love to have the latest and greatest as well. Gets pretty expensive. To answer your question, keep the Maxx. To me, it's probably the best all around device right now. 720p screen is solid. 1080 just got here. 1gb ram is plenty. Imho, the only reason for 2gb is for the heavier sense customization. Which I personally dislike. Same goes for the GS3, I personally dislike touchwiz as well. Twice the storage of most phones, PLUS the sd card slot. Oh, unmatched battery life.. For those moments when you might not be in your truck. For me, moto always comes with something to compete with the big dogs. I'll wait til then. Besides screen size, what does the DNA have that the Maxx doesn't? Did I mention moto radios? And no, I'm not getting paid by them. I just like the feel and look of their designs. Uses of metal and kevlar, solid build quality, etc..

Caesars

Reaction score
Well the real question is...why should you exchange to a Dna?

Return of the Android

Gleason81

Reaction score
Because you want to be tethered to a charger (especially if using 4g). It's no secret...the display is the biggest battery consumer on all phones. Although bigger may be better, if the phone's battery doesn't compliment screen size, you're likely to suffer. Same goes for processing power...battery consumption demand is higher. Another thing to consider...you'll likely be forced to weed through your music, photos, videos, and apps to make storage room with no option for an sd card. Something you might not think about at first...but a year or so into ownership...it dawns on you. The phone looks beautiful and is powerful but some of the basic fundamental limitations leave the HTC as just that...a pretty looking phone...that's about it.

geoff5093

Reaction score
The MAXX HD was a great phone except for the camera and the ergonomics, the HTC DNA solves both of those but loses at battery life and storage. Personally, I would rather have a phone that I love using while it works and be forced to charge it more and use the cloud, then to have a phone that lasts all day but that I don't enjoy using.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The DNA is a flop IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Battery, first and foremost! Only HTC device I've owned is the Thunderbolt, so I may be jaded ... but how can you think of going from a MAXX battery life to ANY other?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

mgrande

Reaction score
I can't see the extra ram/cores making a big difference in performance. My maxx hd is crazy fast. I'm now hooked on dead trigger which seems like a high end game, no glitches or lag of any kind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

pblakk

Reaction score
Versatile1 said:
The DNA is a flop IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah as much as the screen looks sick, I think it's a flop too. Why: lowly battery, and the same old Sense by HTC.

Hodor

Reaction score
The way smartphones are popping up is crazy,and I no I can't keep buying them when a new one comes on the market,I have owned droidx,bionic and waited a very long time for the so called danari or droid fighter which turned out to be the maxx_hd which I have now.I wanted a big display and the samsung was way too big. This htc_dna is looking good all the way around and it's powerful & good looking, it looks like it will knock out the maxx_hd and will be verizions new flagship smartphone,so until I get it in my hands I can not make a decision.
Is this a serious message? Or you just foolin us?