TeamSpeak App for Android; Voice Chat From Virtually Anywhere

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;KPT5wMQ-KKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPT5wMQ-KKA&feature=player_detailpage]TeamSpeak 3 Official Promo Video ...cross-platform voice chat software for online gaming and more. - YouTube[/video]

If you are a PC gamer, or perhaps even a corporate exec, you have probably heard of TeamSpeak, the popular PC voice chat client, that allows you to connect with your preferred server and chat with your guild, family, or coworkers. Now, there is a TeamSpeak VoIP app for Android that allows you to do the same thing. It's only compatible with TeamSpeak 3, but it comes with several great features that help you stay connected in new ways. Here's a highlight:
  • Local bookmarks
  • Multi-server connectivity
  • Push-To-Talk (PTT) and voice activation
  • Identity management
  • Channel and player information
  • Player status notification
Right now it's in beta, and is free, so you may want to give it a go. You can check out the video above for a promo.

Source: AndroidPolice and Android Market

Abadus

Reaction score
About time. I have been waiting for this since the Ventrillo app. I personally run my own TS3 server so this is great news.

zwegan

Reaction score
Interesting.

I didn't realize anyone even used teamspeak anymore.

Ventrilo, Mumble, and Skype have pretty much taken over it from what I have seen.

Abadus

Reaction score
IMO TS3 is better than Ventrillo. The people I know IRL sound like themselves in Teamspeak. TS3 is much better than TS2. Besides things like on the fly codec changes.

The app was not working very well for me. I can connect and everything just fine, hear everyone just fine but I could not talk. It was just all garbled. Maybe with updates it will get better. I did not see any input settings so I don't know if I can change anything.