Tag Heuer LUXURY PHONE

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
tag-heuer-link-stainless-steel-brown-alligator-lead.jpg

Luxury watch makers seem to have a thing for making particularly gaudy Android handsets. Take Ulysse Nardin, makers of the Chairman handset. They priced it at $50,000. The Tag Heuer Link on the other hand, seems like a bargain comparatively. For €4,700 (about $6,700), you get an Android 2.2 smartphone with a 3.5-inch display, 5MP camera, and 256MB of internal storage. Also included is an 8GB microSD card and 1400mAh battery. What you’re really paying for is the clunky case made of a selection of materials including steel, 18K rose gold, titanium, leather, alligator skin, and rubber. Did we mention alligator skin? And diamond accents? Dress it up however you want, but this thing still doesn’t stack up internally to handsets priced at one tenth of the Link’s value. At least it looks kind of cool in the below promo video…

[video=youtube;kMo1P60rwh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMo1P60rwh8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - TAG Heuer LINK - When Swiss Watchmaking Heritage meets Avant-Garde technology - Full version[/video]

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
luxury phones are only "luxury phones" by the materials they use...they dont seem to care about design

jmichaelm

Reaction score
Like the watches they make, these are fashion statements long on style and short on function.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Tag watch. It was expensive but not 6,000

My addiction Droid Forums

darkmatter

Reaction score
luxury phones are only "luxury phones" by the materials they use...they dont seem to care about design

nor do they seem to care about specs.

for that price, you'd think they could at least make a competitive device. I think this would go over better if it was, say, Bionic, GS2 or EVO3d or something with leather attached. For that price I don't think it would cannabalize the market of the original device.

J5311

Reaction score
this phone is a piece of status..... if you want to know how much it is you can't afford it..

dark juggalo

Reaction score
what a waste of money..imagine all the kids you could feed in this country with what that costs.