TAG Heuer Luxury Racer Phone: The 'If money were no object" phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tag_heuer-420x431.png

Here is a crazy device that will likely not fit into the budget for most of us, but if you suddenly find yourself filthy stinking rich and looking for an "if money were no object" style phone, then it could be for you. TAG Heuer, the Swiss luxury watchmaker that has been around since 1860, has just unveiled their Luxury Racer line of Android smart-phones. The product is pretty amazing, and it better be, because the starting price for these phones is $3,700.00! Here's a video below.

[video=youtube;GrNOntZDTVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrNOntZDTVk[/video]​

If you are still reading the rest of this article without having had a coronary from the price, then a brief description is in order. Besides the hyper-aggressive styling, the Swiss engineered device is structured in actual carbon fiber and titanium bridges for extra durability and a lightweight feel. It further comes with a shockproof rubber chassis that looks inspired by a James Bond film. So far, they have not been forthcoming with any other specs, except "high speed processor and the latest Android software", which we would most likely expect to be a quad-core chip along with ICS, but who knows...

So, how many of you are tempted to max out some credit cards for this? (Me neither, but it is fun to check out!)

Source: TalkAndroid and TagHeuer

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ya, $3700 and no specs listed. I understand luxary costs money. I just bought a new car (Subaru Legacy GT) and realize that I could have gotten a car for less than what I paid but I wanted a car with a little luxary in it. A phone...I guess I don't see it .

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think we are due for a nice Giveaway.................I kid!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
They say that cellphones are more desired than wrist watches.
Tag is striking back by making an undesirable cellphone.

Hmmm... Devious.

huskur

Reaction score
When you put out that kind of $$$ you don't worry about specs!!! They are already there!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
willing to wager this will have a huge dev following :icon_ lala:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I get Verizon subsidized pricing? I'm hoping $299.00 with a 10 year contract.

Reaction score
Can I get Verizon subsidized pricing? I'm hoping $299.00 with a 10 year contract.
Currently they take off about $200-250 with a 2 year contract so if they took off around $250 every two years its more like a 28 year contract. So basically while everyone else is sporting phones that could keep up some of today's super computers you will be sporting a phone that went out of date about 27.5 years ago and has a hard time loading googles home page and your always stuck on wifi since 4g was phased out about 6 years into your contract. Oh and the half hour battery life due to a 28 year old phone wont help either.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
...And yet it still has old skool capacitive buttons...

FAIL.

The capacitive buttons control the rocket launcher. Smoke screen and flash grenades are controlled by the touch screen buttons.