Syncing Picasa Web Albums - Is this new?

Jer

Reaction score
I don't have the fourth option for syncing my Picasa albums in my Gallery. Anyone know why that might be?

I didn't see it either at first. Then I was exploring in the gallery and clicked on the share option while viewing one of the pictures. Picasa came up as one of the options to share it. I clicked on that and I think there were a couple steps that followed. After that I went back to the sync settings and it was there.

Not sure what's going on with mine then because just today I uploaded 33 photos via Picasa on the drive back from the range. They uploaded just fine and I still don't think I've ever seen an option to add it to my sync settings.

Jer

Reaction score
Bump because I still don't have the answer for why I don't have sync for Picasa in my settings. Anyone?

antyoo

Reaction score
Bump because I still don't have the answer for why I don't have sync for Picasa in my settings. Anyone?

i have the same issue, i have tried restarting the phone, uninstalling, reinstalling and even tried both the multitouch and standard version.

i have never gotten the picasa account sync option

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

i have the same issue, i have tried restarting the phone, uninstalling, reinstalling and even tried both the multitouch and standard version.

Did you guys check in Settings > Accounts and sync > [Main google account] > Picasa syncing is checked?

antyoo

Reaction score

Did you guys check in Settings > Accounts and sync > [Main google account] > Picasa syncing is checked?

like i said in my post, i dont have the sync option for picasa

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

So, you have the 2.1 gallery installed and don't have a sync option. Are you on a stock device or on a custom ROM?

antyoo

Reaction score

So, you have the 2.1 gallery installed and don't have a sync option. Are you on a stock device or on a custom ROM?

yes, i said in my first post, i have tried both of the 2.1 gallery apps, neither has given me the option for picasa sync anywhere in accounts and sync.

i am on a stock device.

Jer

Reaction score

What he said. I'm rooted w/Sholes ROM and have 2.0.1 Launcher w/2.1 Gallery. No option within my sync options for Picasa to check. Uploads from Gallery to Picasa work perfectly however.

antyoo

Reaction score
picasa uploading works for me as well. just missing the sync option

BostonBill

Reaction score
I have droidmod 1.0 and the 3d gallery.
When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage aqccounts
gmail.com
facebook
If I press on the gmail,com one it opens another menu with four options
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail.

antyoo

Reaction score
When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage aqccounts
gmail.com
facebook
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail.

yea, mine just has calendar, contacts, and gmail

Jer

Reaction score
gmail.com
facebook
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail.

As several of us have stated MANY times now... we do the SAME thing and only have three options under that menu. There is NO option for Picasa. That is where we are having an issue becuase we don't know how to get that option that others have. It's not that we can't find it... it's that it simply does NOT exist. This is the problem.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
gmail.com
facebook
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail.

As several of us have stated MANY times now... we do the SAME thing and only have three options under that menu. There is NO option for Picasa. That is where we are having an issue becuase we don't know how to get that option that others have. It's not that we can't find it... it's that it simply does NOT exist. This is the problem.

Well unfortunately that's the only thing we can tell you. It's their for us. If you're really adamant about this I suggest you go contact the dev who ported it over at alldroid. Because obvisouly we don't know what's causing it not to appear, so rather than getting frustrated here I'd recommend contacting the source himself. ReverandYo I believe is the one that ported it the 2.1 gallery with picasa syncing.

Jer

Reaction score
gmail.com
facebook
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail.

Well unfortunately that's the only thing we can tell you. It's their for us. If you're really adamant about this I suggest you go contact the dev who ported it over at alldroid. Because obvisouly we don't know what's causing it not to appear, so rather than getting frustrated here I'd recommend contacting the source himself. ReverandYo I believe is the one that ported it the 2.1 gallery with picasa syncing.

Forums are here for discussion and solving issues. If enough of us, who either have it working or not, discuss specifics perhaps we can figure it out on our own. What's not helping are people who reply w/o even reading the thread so my response was to make it clear what we know and what we don't already know to save people from responding with what we already know.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Forums are here for discussion and solving issues. If enough of us, who either have it working or not, discuss specifics perhaps we can figure it out on our own. What's not helping are people who reply w/o even reading the thread so my response was to make it clear what we know and what we don't already know to save people from responding with what we already know.

I understand your frustration and absolutely don't mean to disrespect, but you guys are the only ones I know of that are having this problem. You bumped this thread in hopes that someone would know the answer, and no one knows. I'm just directing to you a place where someone will probably know the answer and is a lot more efficient than bumping a thread repeatedly in hopes of an answer.

Also, This is the General Discussion section not the "Tech Help" section. I suggest posting a new thread in the Tech Issues, Bug Reports thread. This ones OP has already been answered and you might get more helpful responses there. Again this is no the tech help section.