Synchronize with Microsoft Outlook

[email protected]

Reaction score
Group Members:

I just purchased a Droid X and am an avid Outlook user. I get my email via a POP 3 account with my ISP but am wondering if there is a way to leverage all of the information in Outlook on my Droid. Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jayizdaman

Reaction score
If you want to sync calendars, download googles calendar sync it will allow you to sync either one way or two way. You obviously have to have a google account set up. I use two way, this allows me to create an event in Outlook, which will then be automatically synced to my google calendar online which then syncs with the phone. If I set up an event on my phone, it will then sync to my calendar online and then when I open up outlook at home it will sync to that. As of right now the one pain in the ass is syncing contacts automatically, there is no easy way. Essentially you need to create a .csv file from either your Outlook or Google Contacts then import them manually.

Also be sure to use the Search function in the forum. This question has come up a bunch of times and there's already a nice long thread discussing various methods.

OP
P

[email protected]

Reaction score
Good Morning:

Thanks for your response on how to synch with Outlook. Unfortunately, I don't use my gmail account but rather my ISP email address that hundreds of people have as my contact information. This said, I will search for other options as I've had my email address for over 5 years and don't want to switch at this time. Thanks again.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good Morning:

Thanks for your response on how to synch with Outlook. Unfortunately, I don't use my gmail account but rather my ISP email address that hundreds of people have as my contact information. This said, I will search for other options as I've had my email address for over 5 years and don't want to switch at this time. Thanks again.

You can still use your ISP address. Just set up your gmail to retrieve a copy of your ISP email and push it to the gmail phone app along with any gmail you receive. The gmail app will do both/all accounts.

Reaction score
Companion Link will let you sync your phone with Google or with Outlook.
I have a gmail address but it isn't my main mail but I use it for google calendar.

I sync my phone with google calendar and that gets my calendar and contacts on gmail. I think use CL to sync outlook with google. My email is done in K9 mail on the phone. This keeps everything in sync. I update an appointment and that is immediately synced with google and every 30 minutes outlook is synced to google via CL. It works great.

OP
P

[email protected]

Reaction score
Outlook Sync

Thanks for your note. Unfortunately, I'm a complete novice at this and although you've told me that it can be done, I simply don't know how to do this. Is there a tutorial or any additional information that I can obtain to walk me (step by step) through this process of using gmail yet pushing the information to my ISP email account? Thanks again. I apologize for the mundane questions.

Good Morning:

You can still use your ISP address. Just set up your gmail to retrieve a copy of your ISP email and push it to the gmail phone app along with any gmail you receive. The gmail app will do both/all accounts.

Jayizdaman

Reaction score
Awesome, Good Luck. I'm going to lie, oddly enough my Outlook,Gmail (google accounts), and Iphone all worked great together, Android takes some getting used too. Luckily since I'm still a student, I don't have to deal with Microsoft Exchange...yet :icon_eek: