Snycing DROID X and MS Outlook

droidxnewbie

Reaction score
I've had a problem syncing my phone calendar to Outlook ever since upgrading to 2.0!!! Not happy about that at all. Worked fine on the original version but was told I can't go back. Now I can't trust my calendar on my phone until they do a" fix". Anyone heard when that may be?

Sent from my DROIDX

Fury22

Reaction score
Use gmail sync from google, keeps you outlook in sync with gmail.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxnewbie

Reaction score
What if I don't use gmail for anything but to send an email from my phone from time to time. I don't use my google calendar for anything. Only use my Outlook calendar at work for both my work and personal stuff. Would what you suggest still work?

Sent from my DROIDX

chaluk

Reaction score
What if I don't use gmail for anything but to send an email from my phone from time to time. I don't use my google calendar for anything. Only use my Outlook calendar at work for both my work and personal stuff. Would what you suggest still work?

Sent from my DROIDX
Try My Phone Explorer FJ Software Development Easily sync's w/ Outlook.

freesoul

Reaction score
Here is my workaround that was simple: When you create an appointment invite your google email address that you have on your phone and it will put the appointment in your droid calendar. I just named mine "Droid" in my contact list so its easy to add it to the appointment.

I used to do the same with my blackberry because I run outlook from a server (not an enterprise server) and didn't want any synch software installed on my server.

jeep820

Reaction score
Sync from Outlook

You can sync your MS Outlook to droid-X via Google. I also have 2 email accounts running so i get my emails as well in about a 10minutes dely but it works well. Sync your calendar thru google-Outllok, when you make updates to your Outlook from computer it shows on Droid with no problem..(NO COST INVOLVED OR ADDITIONAL PROGRAM)..I have Cox.net email but i had to change the port then eveyrthing was fine, (AGAIN TO COST OR ADDITIONAL PROGRAM)..The Droid-X Syncs calendar and works both email accounts perfectly like my Blackberry but not as fast but works good.

kirstycat1209

Reaction score
Overcomplicating things?

When I set up my Verizon email on my Droid 1 and my Droid X, I just entered my user ID & password & it automatically syncs every 15 minutes. My only question, which I'm looking for right now, is how to auto-delete the emails that I download to my laptop and not have to trash them manually on my X. On my old Droid, I didn't have to delete my Inbox.