Snycing DROID X and MS Outlook

sailor 99

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the software to sync (via USB cable or wirelessly) the DROID X and Microsoft Outlook? How difficult was the installation of the software? I am about to switch from my Blackberry Storm to the DROID X, and want to keep MS Outlook as my laptop email/contacts/calendar/notebook application.

jray1

Reaction score
Use the import/export in outlook to make a file to put on your desktop. Then import it to your gmail account. After this tell your phone to sync with gmail. All your contacts will be there.

Jon K

Reaction score
But thats not a continuous sync, thats a one-timer.

sjmerlo

Reaction score
That's how I have been doing it since I switched from my BlackBerry Storm. Everytime I change something in my Outlook contacts or Outlook calendar I export the file and then import it into my Gmail account.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO, this is a huge fail for the X (which i love). and the lack of copy/paste

cooksterman

Reaction score
Sync Outlook to your favorite Droid

Do it the simple way. Sync your Outlook to the Google cloud (contacts). Use Google contacts as your main contact base. From that point you'll be able to sync with your home computer, cell, work, laptop, etc...to you hearts content. Did I mention, it is as close to a no-brainer as they can make it. BTW I did this about two years ago (the old fashioned Google way) with my Omnia i910 WinMo. Don't know how I could do without it. The cloud...and its fee. :)

Last edited:

Barryc737

Reaction score
comcast email on google

Great on the contact sync. What about email? I don't want to tell everybody to email me via my gmail account. What's the best way to receive my comcast email on the Droid X?

cooksterman

Reaction score
e-mail to X

Go to your G-Mail account in Google as it will sync with your Droid. First thing first, next to your e-mail account name you will see a little beaker then Import Mail and Contacts. Click on Import Mail and Contacts and attempt the simple method of entering ComCast e-mail address follow the prompts. If that does not work you may need to try the POP sync with ComCast.

All pretty straight forward. :icon_eek:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Here is a link that discusses what is out there.. Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync

I personally use gSyncIt...it is a two way app - you download the software into Outlook and then configure it with your Gmail address...It syncs my Calendar and Contacts both ways - so I can make edits in Outlook, Google or on my X...

Aximtreo

Reaction score
Outlook sync

Here is a link that discusses what is out there.. Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync

I personally use gSyncIt...it is a two way app - you download the software into Outlook and then configure it with your Gmail address...It syncs my Calendar and Contacts both ways - so I can make edits in Outlook, Google or on my X...

This program is $40 if I remember correctly. This seems a bit extreme to do something that should be native since Outlook is so widely used. Synching with Outlook directly also does not leave your info floating around on the cloud for someone to hack. I agree with the poster above; all things considered about android OS, this is the major fault of the OS. It almost seems that Google has put out a silent C&D order to keep MS in the background. WP7 is starting to look worthwhile looking at for this simple reason.:icon_evil:

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
id pay the 40 bucks if it worked.... im sure it was operator error but i couldnt get it to work consistently for me

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

This program is $40 if I remember correctly. This seems a bit extreme to do something that should be native since Outlook is so widely used. Synching with Outlook directly also does not leave your info floating around on the cloud for someone to hack. I agree with the poster above; all things considered about android OS, this is the major fault of the OS. It almost seems that Google has put out a silent C&D order to keep MS in the background. WP7 is starting to look worthwhile looking at for this simple reason.:icon_evil:

gSyncIt is $15... http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/ ($14.99 actually :))...it is easy to setup in my opinion and the dev is very responsive to questions...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
IMO, this is a huge fail for the X (which i love). and the lack of copy/paste

You can copy/paste in Gmail with 2.2...I am not sure about exchange or other email accounts as I only use the stock Gmail app... (it is still not the best, but it is better than current...)

Aximtreo

Reaction score
gSync for Outlook

gSyncIt is $15... http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/ ($14.99 actually :))...it is easy to setup in my opinion and the dev is very responsive to questions...

You are correct. I was thinking about CompanionLink. I bought this program and it worked like a charm. Thanks very much for making us aware of this. My X is due tomorrow and it synched with my Droid 1 today; yippeee.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

You are correct. I was thinking about CompanionLink. I bought this program and it worked like a charm. Thanks very much for making us aware of this. My X is due tomorrow and it synched with my Droid 1 today; yippeee.

I used it on my D1 for many months - and I know you can guess this - but there are no changes you have to do with it when you setup your X as everything is sync'd with Google which is awesome!! Glad I could help...