Sync Outlook with Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pchakmak, Nov 3, 2010.

1. pchakmak

pchakmak New Member

Is there a simple way to do this? I tried going to Account & Sync Settings but when I try to add an account it says my email and/or password is incorrect. Can someone help please??
  2. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

You probably have a problem somewhere in your settings, I was able to sync outlook (both email and calendar) and it was a piece of cake and as straightforward as choosing the correct domain and entering my username and password
  3. johndavies108

johndavies108 New Member

Where I work I have to accept a policy agreement before they will allow your Android to connect. Until I did that I would only get a username/password denied error. Ask your admin if something has to be done on their end in order for you to connect.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

First of all, are you trying to sync with Outlook or with Exchange? They're not the same thing despite the way people tend to use them interchangeably. Outlook is a client app. Exchange is a mail server. If you're syncing with Exchange then Outlook is irrelevant as your device won't connect to/via your desktop install of Outlook in order to sync with Exchange.

If Outlook: What device are you using? If it doesn't come with an Outlook sync solution then you'll need to find one. Try checking out:
    Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync

It Exchange (sounds more likely from context): verify your domain and other settings. Are you sure that ActiveSync is avaialble for your Exchange server?
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

OP, I sync with Exchange via the Corporate email app. Except for not being able to accept meeting it works very well. I suggest deleting the account and reentering. If you are unsure about the settings you can verify two ways. First, if you access via a computer look there or speak with your IT folks.

Mike