Sync Error Won't Go Away

TheMadHatter

Reaction score
I just got my HTC this past Saturday, using all my aquired Christmas money to buy it.

The lady at the Verizon store helped me sync it up to my gmail right then and there, unfortunately by doing this it seemingly synced up to everyone I've ever emailed. I did not want this, I just wanted my numbers. So as any sensible person I went in and deleted like 200+ contacts so that I went back to just my phone numbers and a select few emails.

Now I have this sync error notification that will not go away. My friend last night said that this is a safeguard to keep people from deleting everything if they steal your phone all at once.

Everytime I click on the notification, it gives me the option to "Delete the items", "Undo the deletes" and "Do nothing for now". If I choose any of these options, the notification goes away for a while, but comes back 5 minutes later.

Is there any way to get rid of this notification for good without having to go in and losing all the syncing to facebook that I've done to the contacts I want to keep?

Please help I can't find info anywhere on the internet, and the thin and useless instruction booklet that came with my phone isn't any help at all.

sgm-co

Reaction score
What is the notification?

I found when my Verizon rep helped me set up my phone she configured the gmail account then moved my data from my old blackberry to the Eris via the Verizon magic box. I was receiving errors so I put the phone back to factory defaults, set up the Gmail account and let OTA take over. All of my gmail contacts are now in sycn. As for FB, not sure.

OP
TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter

Reaction score
It's okay, I went to the Verizon store on my lunch break. They had to reset my phone and all the things I deleted came back. So I'll have to delete all these unecessary contacts again, and resync everything back to facebook, and then put the ringtones back for certain people. It sucks but it's better than having a stupid notification pop up every two minutes for the duration of owning the phone.

At least now I know that I can only delete a few people at a time, then wait a few hours and then delete some more. :/ Wish they had told me that prior, or the instruction booklet had.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My biggest complaint is that adding contacts to my phone doesn't sync back to google. Grrrr.