Just updated, contacts gone, sync error.

jradicus

Reaction score
I've searched this issue, didn't help, so asking a new question. I just updated my htc droid eris 2 this morning, and now all my contacts are gone. I have no idea if I had been syncing to google before. Either way this ordeal is stupid. It's been about an hour since I updated. So here's the error I'm getting.

In Accounts & Settings for Sync stuff it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" (second sentence is adlib from what I remember).

I pressed "Sync Now" to try and override it, and it started to sync. But it went back to that message after 10 seconds, and gave me an error in my notifications that says:

Sync

Too many Contacts deletes.

So, any idea what's going on here, and how I can get my contacts back? I just got some new cutie's number last night, the sooner the better ;D

OP
J

jradicus

Reaction score
nvm, NOW they are just slowly starting to sync.

OP
J

jradicus

Reaction score
Well, not many more have been added since then. I've got maybe 20 of my old contacts back, and none of them are showing up in my contacts list. It just says people's names in my old messages with them, which I still have.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check gmail. If your contacts are going to sync up on your phone those contacts need to come from someplace...and that someplace is gmail. If the contacts you are looking for are not there then they won't be coming back. It sounds like your phone was synced, especially if you have at least one contact you only entered on your phone and not on the web.