Gmail Sync Error & Corporate Exchange Not Syncing

zebrajeb

Reaction score
OK - I've got two problems. Had the Droid since January and no problems until now (other than a mounting problem with W 7 - 64 bit).

1. Google sync is always showing an error on the phone. I've tried removing battery, unchecking and re-checking sync boxes, etc. Still get a sync error. Not sure what isn't syncing either. It always says "sync failed" or "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

2. I use Microsoft at work on an Exchange Server. Until recently, my MS calendar, contacts and e-mail synced OK with the phone. Now, the "Corporate" calendar doesn't sync with the phone! Contacts and e-mail continue to sync OK.

Any suggestions for either of these problems?

Thanks

John

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Not sure on the exchange issue but the gmail one is an easy fix.

from the home screen go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Menu>Filter>All>Gmail Storage>Delete Data

Just clears all you gmail stored locally on the phone so it will have to redownload it all. A stuck or corrupt messages will hang up the sync like that.

OP
Z

zebrajeb

Reaction score
Vitticeps - I tried that but it still gives a sync error for gmail. Tried it a couple of times.

John

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Did you try clearing the data in both Gmail Storage and Gmail?

If you clear the Gmail one too it will reset all your gmail settings back to default, just fyi. so you'll have to set your notification preferences back up and such.

OP
Z

zebrajeb

Reaction score
Did you try clearing the data in both Gmail Storage and Gmail?

If you clear the Gmail one too it will reset all your gmail settings back to default, just fyi. so you'll have to set your notification preferences back up and such.

OK - seemed to work. Synced up fine. However, several hours later it is back to not syncing calendar and showing and error. Any other thoughts?

Thanks

John

Gremlin

Reaction score
For exchange, you might need Touchdown app ($9.99).. I bought it and it works great....

OP
Z

zebrajeb

Reaction score
For exchange, you might need Touchdown app ($9.99).. I bought it and it works great....

Tried Touchdown on a trial basis. However, Droid is supposed to sync calendar, contacts and e-mail with my Exchange server and has done so for 4 months. Now, it has stopped syncing the calendar. That's my issue - why did it stop and how do I fix it?

Thanks

John

Gremlin

Reaction score
Zebra: What exchange server version are you using? Well it has never worked for me..