Symbolic Links? Help!

Reaction score
Has anyone had success setting up symbolic links on the RAZR? They seem to work fine on my samsung and htc devices but I can't get them to work for the life of my on the RAZR.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is make a link between a folder on my SD card and the internal storage (for google music). I tried both the terminal and "rom toolbox" and both failed. terminal gives me an error saying "no such file or directory" (using busybox) and Rom toolbox just says "symbolic link failed."

mikemchuge52

Reaction score
Has anyone had success setting up symbolic links on the RAZR? They seem to work fine on my samsung and htc devices but I can't get them to work for the life of my on the RAZR.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is make a link between a folder on my SD card and the internal storage (for google music). I tried both the terminal and "rom toolbox" and both failed. terminal gives me an error saying "no such file or directory" (using busybox) and Rom toolbox just says "symbolic link failed."

I'm in the exact same boat - hoping to get google music to store pinned songs on my external SD card. Here's a bit of new info - I was able to get symlinks to successfully work anywhere outside of my /sdcard and /sdcard-ext folders. For example, I could symlink between /data/data/com.google.android.music and /data/download.

However, trying to do symlinks inside of /sdcard or /sdcard-ext just won't work, and the symlink needs to be at /sdcard/android/data/com.google.android.music if I'm going to get google music to store songs to my external SD card...

Did you ever figure out a solution?

Last edited:

mikemchuge52

Reaction score
solved storing Google Music on external SD card

I still can't get symlinks working properly in /sdcard, so I went another route. Folder mount in the google market does the trick - my pinned google music is now stored on my external SD card. Folder mount FTW!